Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Every now and again I peel over to the salvage yard as it's only couple miles from home, and picked this up. Looks complete, and turns over, but she don't run. I should have her running tonight or tomorrow tho. Seems to be in really nice shape, and even came with 2 tanks of gas. 1 drive Tire looks new, and the seat is nice, stickers are all there, and not much paint worn off. Not bad for a hundred green George Washingtons. I'm not sure if I want to keep it to give my lgt165 a break, or sell it, but I thought I'd share it with you folks over here in the Simple forums. :) I'll wash her off, and snap some more after pics for you all.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
All purdy now:)

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
55,276 Posts
I like that! How big is the engine?

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
It's got an 8hp Briggs i/c in it.
5 speed trans. Manual pto, manual lift.

Attachments

Reactions: wvbuzzmaster

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Now that is pretty darn cute! I like the box for hauling stuff---- congrats on the great find, I'd keep it.
Thank you.

I think I'm going to sell it after thinking on it. I live on a corner lot that has a very steep grade with a drain in it, so traction will be an issue there, and the deck is definitely smaller than my Ford. Yes, I love seat time, but NOT cutting grass. Heck, I'd love to keep it, but space IS a problem. :)

Reactions: oldedeeres

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That's pretty neat.If you got got it for scrap price,you should have got it for nearly nothing going by our prices nearby.
They look at it value wise, not scrap wise. I wish it was the other way around!

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
They are a nice mower. The only draw back is if your yard is not smooth they can ride rough. Letting some air out of the drive wheels helps.
Thank you for the great tip, and I'm positive that other people will use it too. :)

I am going to sell it as my 165 Ford has much more to offer. Now I just have to figure out what it's worth, and then find a buyer lol

Believe me gang, if I had the room, I'd keep it. This thing is COOL! The setup, and rear steer is far-out :) Stiemmy

·
Super Moderator
55,276 Posts
That would look good next to my Toro 322D! Almost a miniature of it!

Reactions: stiemmy

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thank you all!!

I got her running, and I am really amazed over the performance of this machine. It runs, cuts, drives, turns great. Believe me, if I had the room I'd keep it, but the Warden says I have tooooo many! Huh, imagine that. Lol Anyway, I think my next door neighbor wants to buy it, so I think I'm going to sell it to him??

Got a couple little videos loading up, so check back in a few for those. Cheers:)

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
As promised earlier here are the vids. They ain't anything special, but they work.

In the second one I drive it a little, and managed to clip a plastic gas line marker pole. Oops, forgot about the tail swing lol Enjoy!!

Reactions: Cvans

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
nice i like that
cheers
Thank you. :)

Say so long to the old gal, she now has a new home, and saved from the scrap pile.

The End...

Reactions: Cvans
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.