Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night I purchased a Snapper 1855 for $750!!!! It has the 54" mower deck, 48" roto tiller, and a 48" snow thrower. The hour meter reads 900 hrs (don't know if it works). Has a newer onan 20 hp engine, which needs at least a good carb. cleaning and tune up. Heck it even has a cab on it. The top, front, and rear are hard. Someone took the time to make the doors out of plywood and plexiglass, assume it had soft doors originally. Even has a wiper blade that you operate manually with a little lever above the windshield.
The whole unit seems to be in pretty good shape. Looks to have been mostly used for blowing snow. The guy I bought it from had new joints put on the blower shaft last winter.
What would you guys say this set up would be worth?

·
Masseyholic
157 Posts
welcome to the forum, that sounds like a nice rig

·
Live long and prosper
6,791 Posts
Welcome kvc2000. and :ditto: The above two.

It sounds like a nice set up. Looking forward to pictures.

·
Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict
32,409 Posts
I'd say it's worth enough that you could get 10 to 20 yrs for "Grand Theft Tractor"! What a SMOKIN Deal!!

·
Premium Member
15,923 Posts
I will give ya $751.00 and keep you from having a life threatening condition of tractorholicism. <- ya it is in the dictionary...... where did I put the white out LOL

·
Connoisseur of Rusty Junk
5,623 Posts
:wave: kcv2000 Welcome to GTTalk! We're glad that you've come along! I think you did very good on the deal that you made, but what matters most is that YOU think it's a good deal :thumbs:!

·
1,499 Posts
Welcome to the group kcv2000, glad to have you here. The deal you got on the 1855 will put you on the FBI's most wanted list! I'd say you did extremely well for yourself and got one heavy duty garden tractor with some nice attachments. Good for you!
Grab a chair and look around the site and visit awhile. There are a lot of friendly folks on this site and I'm sure you will fit in with the rest of us tractor nuts here.

·
Tractorholic
1,555 Posts
:welcome:

:wewantpics:

·
Ron Paul
1,009 Posts
Sounds like you did well. Theres not really enough of them to say what its worth. But I dont think you would have a problem doubling your money if it runs good

·
Tractorholic
507 Posts
:welcome: , kcv2000 . You got a deal!!!!!

I paid $6500 for my used, 5 year old MF1655 in 1982 with almost the same attachments , including a new cab. Yes it did have soft doors. I subbed a 5' backblade for the mower.

The most recent offering on eBay sold for $1500, a MF1655 w/ mower and front blade. MF and Snapper are the same and the only difference between the 1655 and 1855 is 2 hp and the decals.

·
30 Posts
I think you were taken but to ease your pain I would be willing to up the bid to $752. What a killer deal you got!! Why can't I run across deals like that?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts