Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tomorrow my ole man is taking me for a drive down to Calgary (Three hour drive one way) for a appointment. I just finished my snack.. Pickled eggs, garlic moose sausage and edam cheese.. I'm starting to wonder if the ole guy will throw me out his truck before we get down there..

Do you guys eat odd things for a snack?? Do you do it before going places with others lol..

·
Registered
7,006 Posts
What passes for snacks around here could be most anything that doesn't move too fast! Smoked oysters on crackers are always good, there's a jar of almonds on the table at all times-- even Asia , the dog, likes those. We dehydrate lots of garden stuff, and dried tomatoes fit in a pocket real well. When the garden is up we both graze on most everything growing as we work out there, but one of our all time favourites is a nice peanut butter and sliced sweet onion sandwich.Even when company is coming lol !!

·
Super Moderator
14,167 Posts
That's quite the combination of snacks but sounds good to me! Your father may put up with it but I think you should take a jug of mouth wash with you for your appointment.

·
Collector of Rusty Junk
3,186 Posts
Tomorrow my ole man is taking me for a drive down to Calgary (Three hour drive one way) for a appointment. I just finished my snack.. Pickled eggs, garlic moose sausage and edam cheese.. I'm starting to wonder if the ole guy will throw me out his truck before we get down there..

Do you guys eat odd things for a snack?? Do you do it before going places with others lol..
I hope the truck has a topper on it, it would be a long ride in the back in the open air. Oh I hope neither of you 2 smoke, it could be dangerous. :mad2: :mad2:

·
Live long and prosper
6,791 Posts
Those are good sounding snacks. I hope it's warm enough to roll the windows down, before they melt. lol

Reactions: larryd

·
Collector of Rusty Junk
3,186 Posts
Believe me if I ate all that it would be "fumigated" alright. You would have to throw a dead shunk in there to get rid of the smell.

·
Mower Extraordinaire
599 Posts
I love pickled eggs.

There is a lot of things I could eat as a kid but just can't stomach anymore.

As a kid I loved Pickled Pigs Feet, Liver Pudding, Liver Mush. I basically if it was safe to eat I would eat it.

Something I haven't had in a while and love is Hog Brains and Eggs! My wife would kick my buttocks if I even brought a can of hog brains in. I love to get some shake&bake and fix chicken gizzards. I love Calf Liver and Onions for supper when we go out to eat.

What passes for snacks around here could be most anything that doesn't move too fast! Smoked oysters on crackers are always good, there's a jar of almonds on the table at all times-- even Asia , the dog, likes those. We dehydrate lots of garden stuff, and dried tomatoes fit in a pocket real well. When the garden is up we both graze on most everything growing as we work out there, but one of our all time favourites is a nice peanut butter and sliced sweet onion sandwich.Even when company is coming lol !!
I will most definitely have to try the Onion and PB sandwich that OLDDEERE talked about. Does it matter what type of onion?

·
Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict
32,409 Posts
He needs to take something along to fumigate the truck and not sure what to do at your appointment

larryd
Just don't use some pine scented air freshener....it would just smell like someone crapped out a Christmas tree! :D

·
Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict
32,409 Posts
:bigrofl: Oh my, that's funny Daniel. I'm sitting here LMAO!!
Part of a joke I heard while a teenager from an 8-track "Jean Tracy" truck stop tape. Yea......I said 8-track! Lots of our members may not even know what that is! :smilewink:

·
Super Moderator
14,167 Posts
Part of a joke I heard while a teenager from an 8-track "Jean Tracy" truck stop tape. Yea......I said 8-track! Lots of our members may not even know what that is! :smilewink:
Jean Tracey truck stop tape! -Man that triggers some memories from waaaay back! Thanks for the laugh Daniel!

·
Collector of Rusty Junk
3,186 Posts
If it was my wife taking me to the Dr. and I did this it would be to the Divorce Lawyer.

·
Collector of Rusty Junk
3,186 Posts

·
Mower Extraordinaire
599 Posts
JDBrian said:
:bigrofl: Oh my, that's funny Daniel. I'm sitting here LMAO!!
I actually have that 8 track. I would post photos of it but you know..... It's not website appropriate.

·
Registered
7,006 Posts
Hey Sears Yellow, most any real sweet onion will do, but the big old Spanish onions are the best, sliced about a quarter to three eighths of an inch thick, crunchy and juicy, peanut butter slathered on warm toast, Oh gosh, I'm drooling on the keyboard already, gotta go make one now!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts