Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres
15,608 Posts
danr78, First off WELCOME to GT talk, Glad you joined us. That is 1 model of M/F I would like to find, they are pretty rare. Congradulations on picking 1 up. Post some pictures when you can, and again Welcome.

·
Accumulator
13,481 Posts
Danr78,welcome to the forum.
Glad to have you with us.

:wewantpics::D

·
Tractorholic
1,564 Posts
:welcome::welcome:

I've got a MF14 and love it. Am in the process of finishing installing a 3 point hitch on it. Don't have much need for a snow blower here but it does have a mowing deck and does a great job mowing. I really like the way they look. Shoot us tome pictures when you can so we can all go ooohhh and aaahhh! Again, welcome to GT Talk.

PS. Let us know where you're from, you can register here on the forum.

·
Junk Whisperer
1,443 Posts
Welcome to Gttalk! I also have a MF-14 and a AMF 1014 which is the same tractor! They are the most used tractors in my herd. Good luck with yours, and also jump in on a chat if you see anyone in there! Shawn

·
Elf guardian
7,712 Posts
Hi.
Welcome to GTT.
Those 14s are nice. You'll like it. If you've got any questions, ask away. We'll help all
we can. Also, please post some pics when you get around to it. We have this thing about pictures.:smile1:

Does your 76' have the optional foot rest extensions? I think they really add
to the look.

·
Electric Tractors
5,639 Posts
Hi and welcome I have a MF14 and 16, with 2 decks and 1 snowblower, pictures needed.

·
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Got some pics now that I got 'er off the trailer and into the garage...
Tire Wheel Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire

Attachments

·
Accumulator
13,481 Posts
Hey Dan,looks good. Thanks for the pictures.

·
Super Moderator
54,359 Posts
Welcome, Dan. Missed this yesterday. Nice looking tractor, glad you got it. Have fun and good luck with it.

·
Super Moderator
14,167 Posts
Welcome to GTTalk Dan. Thats a nice package with the attachments. You may need that blower in New Brunswick in a month or 2.

·
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks all... it needs some TLC but I think a little elbow grease and a bit more $ and it'll be pretty nice. I'd like to do a frame-up restoration and get this thing running top-notch... but I don't wanna bite off more than I can chew (skills and money). I can turn a wrench and have the tools here to do it, but it'll all be a first for me. Right now the main issue is it'll run for x amount of time then die. Then it'll start right back up after a couple seconds... run for the same amount of time then die again. It doesn't act like it's starving for fuel so I think it might be something electrical.

Anyway, it'll be a fun project to chip away at over the winter and I'm sure I'll have tons of questions for the experts here!

·
4,481 Posts
Hi Dan, first welcome to GTTalk.
Second, nice looking 14 Enjoy

·
Proud to be Deplorable
29,904 Posts
If it's running for about the same amount each time, I would clean out the carb and empty out the bowl. Water in there can imitate electrical. Also, take the line off the carb and see if it's running freely.

A good tool to have is a spark checker. Goes inline on the plug and allows you to see if you just lost spark.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts