Garden Tractor Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Deceased
4,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These puppies :dancingbanana: :dancingbanana: :dancingbanana:

They will be going on my 1886 Forklift after I get a set of 15" rims. ( I already have a source for those)

I figure that with Rim Guard in all the tires, and the 15" wheel weights that were in the weight box of the Forklift when I got it, I shouldn't have to put too much extra weight in the weight box.

Attachments

·
PK Fanatic
5,251 Posts
Other then the over spray, it looks like they are almost new! I bet they will work much better!

·
Deceased
4,845 Posts
Those are the 19205 Dual Wheel Kit for the large frame tractors.

As far as I know, they were only made in the 15" size, which means that I'll have to get a set of the standard 15" rims.

Rick Show has already informed me that he has some 15" wheels.

Reactions: Cat385B

·
Old Iron Junky
1,359 Posts
Just curious, what makes them the bolens wheels? Are they stamped somewhere with a part number? Or is there a certain back spacing? Reason I'm wondering is over at my brothers place we have 2 or 3 sets of dual wheels off of balers and old pull type combines. I remember that they're 15" rims and look indentical to the ones you have.

·
DR. Bolens
19,063 Posts
Just curious, what makes them the bolens wheels? Are they stamped somewhere with a part number? Or is there a certain back spacing? Reason I'm wondering is over at my brothers place we have 2 or 3 sets of dual wheels off of balers and old pull type combines. I remember that they're 15" rims and look indentical to the ones you have.
I would imagine they were made by a different supplier then sold to Bolens and other makes at the time.....

·
Premium Member
5,740 Posts
I would imagine they were made by a different supplier then sold to Bolens and other makes at the time.....
You are right most wheels for bolens were made by other suppliers one of them was in mich....

·
Premium Member
5,740 Posts
Can you post pics when you get time?

·
Old Iron Junky
1,359 Posts
It'll be a few weeks before I get over there. I'll try and remember the camera when I'm there.

·
757 Posts
Firestone made bolens Rims ... and then bolens put goodyear tires on them .. And now i understand why some large frames had 12 bolt holes ... on the rims and hubs ..

·
Old Iron Junky
1,359 Posts
Here's a couple of pics of one of the rims. I know its taken awhile but had a little time this weekend.
IMG_20140330_172339_579.jpg IMG_20140330_172413_963.jpg

Attachments

Reactions: blackjackjakexxix

·
Premium Member
5,740 Posts

·
Old Iron Junky
1,359 Posts
We only have one set. My brother might be using one on the baler this year if its wet. I'll keep my eyes open for more for you. I've passed up many through the years and never thought of buying them.

·
Deceased
1,441 Posts
didnt you have a set already?i want aset for my 1250

1 - 16 of 16 Posts