Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi everyone,

I was given a project tractor. Not sure of the year but as far as I can tell it is either a 1959 or 1960.

The model number is 230-01 It has a Kholer motor on it. 38604 is the serial number.

It will need a lot of love but I think I will try and get it going.

If someone can confirm the year, that would be great.

bolens.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
363 Posts
Good project! I have 7 of these now ( Crazy ) and I love them. Go to the manual section here and select the ride a matic manuals. In there, there is a list that breaks down the models and years for many of the different Bolens. It goes by years and the model numbers. I printed it for future reference. You can download many of the manuals, but 3 at a time. I'm sure there's the operator manual in there also. I have gotten many original ones off Ebay.

I have a nice 1960 one that I just bought , but can't play with it as I broke my hip loading 2 of them in my truck. Enjoy your tractor!!

·
Premium Member
5,740 Posts
230-01 is a 1959 nice find.

·
Premium Member
5,740 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Guys for the info. I downloaded the owner manual. With the modal number, it should be the 1959. I should get a chance this weekend to look at it in detail. Tires for sure!

He also wants to give me a 5hp Pinto lawn tractor. I may have to take him up on it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts