Garden Tractor Forums banner

Just picked up an old Bolens Mustang

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  chris m 
#1 ·
First and foremost, I love der machines, made of steel and that still do what they were meant to do...so I'm driving by a lot and I see this rusty tiller that looks more like lawn art than a machine. Short version, I offer the guy 30 bucks and load up the tiller...lots of parts getting a vinegar bath as we speak but I know it's a Bolens Mustang...still had the tag on the hood and you could barely make out the mustang paint. The old Briggs on it had a fully seized piston and unfortunately will probably continue life as a serviceable boat anchor...after being cleaned of course...I plan on doing a working restoration, meaning not a show piece but clean all the surface rust and get this baby running with either the 3hp predator or the 6.5hp. My question is this...can anyone tell me the belt size and anything about the tiller itself...year, manual, old engine size etc? I saw a lot of you guys have some serious history knowledge and would appreciate the help. I'm not sure how to post pics but the tag reads as this: type No. M16 B01 Serial. 28500

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.