Garden Tractor Forums banner

Kohler CV-18S V twin

350 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  secondtry 
#1 ·
Hello folks,

New to the forum so start out with " Thanks in Advance" !!

I have a 18 HP Kohler, CV-18S V twin, that doesn't want to shut off properly. Starts and runs great. Husqvarna from 1998
I did spend about 30 minutes searching the forum for this issue.

I have checked continuity from both kill wires on the ignition coils to G on the ignition switch... and to ground. Switch and wires appears to work correctly. I have installed a spark plug tester on the Rt cylinder / spark plug and when running I can see a good spark. As soon as I turn off the Tractor, the spark on the Rt cylinder immediately is gone but the the engine keeps running but very rough. Probably just on the other cylinder.

I then attached the spark tester to the left Cylinder / plug, Rt spark plug wire re attached.
When I turn off the motor, I still see a spark for as long and the engine runs rough. Usually turns of in 20 seconds to 1-2 minutes.

Could the ignition coil assy be defective, not allowing the primary or secondary coil to see ground thru the kill switch tab?
I have tried to find the Resistance table for my Ignition coils (24-584-01) but the drawings I have found show 2 tabs on the assembly but mine only has 1 tab for the kill wire.

Regards
Dan

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.