Garden Tractor Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi, new to the forum. My uncle has my grandfather's 1250 Bolens. Unfortunately he left it to sit outside. He now needs a new rider, has some health issues and on a fixed income. I have approached him about returning the Bolens to order, being better to put money into something that will last rather than something that might make it 5 years and the nbe worthless. First business is the motor... which sitting outside isn't much account anymore. I might be able to free it up eventually, but in the short term I'm exploring a re-engine. I saw an article on a diesel conversion, but for me I'm looking for something a little more mundane. I've got a few Allis/Simplicities and have a spare K341 in good working order. This seems at least in the ball park. I had read somewhere about a company that offered install kits for various engines, but the thread was quite old and no description of the place in question was mentioned.

Surely this would be a common swap or at least done. I've tried searching for various topics and either it brings up things unrelated or back to the 1250 diesel conversion. Anyone have some thoughts on putting in a cast iron Kohler?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
If I wanted to upgrade to the 14 horse Wisconsin, do you know which model that would be? I know Kohlers reasonably well, but almost nothing about Wisconsins. Would an S-14D be the right term to search for?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Yes, an S-14D is what you're looking for. You can likely fix your locked up old engine and upgrade it at the same time by swapping over a complete cylinder jug from an S-14D. The only important differences between these models lies with the jugs (piston, rings, valves, head).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts