·
Super Moderator
54,354 Posts
That looks like the rod came out there!

Reactions: limebuzz

·
Getting Out!
8,205 Posts
That's more than a Starter Tap! Unless you mean from INSIDE,heh! Rod? but crank doesn't look scored. Balance gears sounds right, or at least they are Part of the junk that came out. I bet that was one Big Bang! I'ld say another whole engine is needed. Make sure you save all the exhaust tins and extras of this one to put on the other one. Make sure you get right type of Pan then too.

·
Addicted
247 Posts
With that large a window it looks like maybe a balance gear came out??
Is there any way to tell if an engine still has the balance gears in it? (an easy way) Mine are pre-owned and I've not had to tear into them, so I must say I sure do worry about this happening one day to mine!!

·
Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict
32,409 Posts
I think if you look at the picture you can see one of the balance gears inside the engine on the bottom of the pan. ???
Good eye Doug! I didn't see that.

·
Anything Red . . .
12,032 Posts
Is there any way to tell if an engine still has the balance gears in it? (an easy way) Mine are pre-owned and I've not had to tear into them, so I must say I sure do worry about this happening one day to mine!!
I think you would pretty much have to pull the pan.

·
Super Moderator
54,354 Posts
Does look like a balance gear down in the pan. Plus the rod pin on the crank looks to have a bad gouge in it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts