Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
figured I'd "ask" here since I know Masseys use the Kohler K series engines - book I got with the MF 1650 lists champion RH 10 as "replacement" plug - my local shop doesn't carry RH 10 and suggested using a champion different plug

anyone have thoughts on the best (or better) plug to use? also, if anyone thinks this could go to a more general posting, please feel free to re-post or let me know who to do it

thanks

·
Registered
9,194 Posts
I only use Champion plugs as a last resort. Prefer NGK or Autolite. Google replacement for Champion RH 10 plug and you should get a listing of several brands and numbers. I needed one plug for a Briggs motor. Not in stock in any brand. Had one ordered, they sent 4 as they don't break up boxes. Now I have a new plug for the next 8 years as the tractor won't get run much.

Reactions: limebuzz

·
Registered
470 Posts
Use a Champion H10C. The R in the RH 10 stands for resistor. This is not needed with your engine. I run H10C's in all of the K model Kohler engines that I have. Both with mag/solid state and coil/automotive style ignition. The H10C should be very available.

Champion H10C is listed as the OEM plug for K241,K301,K321,K341,K361,K482,K532,& K582 engines

·
Hangin' with the cool kids
Ontario, Canada
2,529 Posts
Have had good luck with Champion H10s in my Kohlers.

For years, I have heard complaints about Champion plugs and Fram filters....especially in Chevy engines. I have had my Chevys for 45 years now and haven't had a problem.....Have used many different plugs and filters...they all seem to work, for me anyways....Maybe I am just blessed.....lol

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for the responses - will check for the H10C and also the 216 - for what plugs cost, I'll probably get both....

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
no champion h10c (s) in stock at local auto parts shop, however, autolite 216 on the shelf, will check the gap and install later today (hopefully) - "stay tuned"...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts