Garden Tractor Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Tractorholic
183 Posts
The problem I see is it's designed for EFI i.e. ram more air into the intake and the ECM computer adds more fuel to compensate (which is why they recommend a new ECM chip) it also need lots of clean 12V. power to operate properly.

Why would you want more than 20HP ?

I seriously doubt you can even use all of what you have now, unless you trying to make some kind of racer ?

Ron

·
Registered
215 Posts
jdecker94 said:
so i was thinking today, i wonder if i could put a super charger on my bolens ht20 engine. i know smart cars have kits out there and they run a 1.7 liter 3 cylinder mitisubishi engine i believe. i wonder if i could adapt one to my bolens, like this one for under 200 bucks. Smart Car Fortwo Supercharger Kit Electric Fortwo Turbo Charger Bolt On
carefull that the internal electric motor does,nt light off the air/fuel mixture in the manifold. could get rather exciting real quick.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Enginerd said:
I doubt those things work. I found this site, which I haven't read completely, but it looks pretty comprehensive.

Understand Why Electric Superchargers Are Scams
probably a minimal increase but the turbo whistle might be cool. about the only thing i can see happening is the spinning blades atomizing the fuel droplets. good article. thanks for that enginerd. and of course perfectly good GT dollars being sucked out of your jeans

·
Deceased
1,441 Posts
if you need more power just get a set of pistons and get a camshaft out of like a 25hp engine or something. i know people that take 12 hp kohlers and put a 16hp cam and high compression pistion in them for pulling

1 - 8 of 8 Posts