Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was curious - I was inspired to look up PTO driven generators after seeing OB's post on his recent find. I stumbled across some different PTO gear boxes for generators and my gears started turning (no pun intended).

I was just wondering how these compare in construction to the factory type rear PTO's (which i've never seen in person) and i'm wondering if a person could adapt one of these to work (or if they are even strong enough). I believe they are available in different RPM and ratio's.

Anyways... just wanted to get some thoughts from those that have seen or own such a unicorn.

Here is one on ebay = PTO Drive Gearbox for Generators. 540 RPM to 1800 RPM 1 to 3.5 ratio

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PTO-Drive-Gearbox-for-Generators-540-RPM-to-1800-RPM-1-to-3-5-ratio-/151280498121?pt=BI_Generators&hash=item23390535c9

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
14,167 Posts
Looking at the diameter of that input shaft it should definitely be able to take the power. It looks like it's designed for a fair sized diesel. You would need to get the input down to 1800rpms perhaps using a belt.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wasn't sure what the RPM's were on the large frame's - but I thought this might help someone create a rear pto for other applications. I'd love to be able to have a rear or front mounted mower on my HT - it'd sure make life alot easier when mowing around the pine tree's.. or cleaning off the deck, or trying to get under or close to stuff.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I live outside Marietta, to bad that wasn't one of the big ones.. i'd be looking for a trailer and an excuse to miss work lol. Unfortunately I doubt I would get away with going after one lol. Between work and my other projects I probably shouldn't take anymore on lol.

Nick

·
Tractorholic
988 Posts
Those GK's are fairly near me. Two runners and a parts machine.

I would buy these if I didn't already have two runners and a parts machine, plus two decks, two dozer blades, and a 2-stage snowblower for them.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wow... that seems like a heck of a deal for those... if that was close and I had some extra cash laying around... lol

·
483 Posts
I wasn't sure what the RPM's were on the large frame's - but I thought this might help someone create a rear pto for other applications. I'd love to be able to have a rear or front mounted mower on my HT - it'd sure make life alot easier when mowing around the pine tree's.. or cleaning off the deck, or trying to get under or close to stuff.
What you need is a Haban front mount flail mower. It is funny how things come full circle . Kubota is again marketing a front mount flail mower

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'd love a front mount flail mower - but i've never seen one around here. I wonder how heavy/tall of stuff you can clear with a flail mower? Perhaps I could use it instead of my tow behind Haban brush hog.... to mow the fields.

Nick

1 - 10 of 10 Posts