Garden Tractor Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Bob's Lawn and Garden LLC
2,183 Posts
Yea Ken i have one here just like it. You just dont see them often done like that at most just one extension on it. I also belive wilberj has one that way.

·
757 Posts
I was going to do that to a tubeframe one But i would have less seat time XD also it would put Alot of extra stress on the Tiller unit

·
DR. Bolens
19,063 Posts
Never seen it on a largeframe but I have seen it done to one of the Tube Frame tillers I acquired.

The Service bulletins Bolens sent out seemed pretty serious about NOT encouraging Tine extensions to be used for primarily tilling but rather just used for light cultivating.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Never seen it on a largeframe but I have seen it done to one of the Tube Frame tillers I acquired.

The Service bulletins Bolens sent out seemed pretty serious about NOT encouraging Tine extensions to be used for primarily tilling but rather just used for light cultivating.
That is what I was wondering. One extension adds more strain on everything, and two would even double that. Not sure how it would do in hard soil conditions.

·
Premium Member
5,740 Posts
That is what I was wondering. One extension adds more strain on everything, and two would even double that. Not sure how it would do in hard soil conditions.
I made a garden with one.... 4 hours later it was done.

Next time I will use a shorter tiller so I can take more of a cut the wide tiller did not like to sink in at all.

By the way its on the back of the 1476 we have.

·
98 Posts
I tried one like that behind a 1250 I used to have years ago, it worked fine on existing garden space but forget it for breaking fresh ground. It also took just as long as a narrower tiller since I had to go slower to get good results. Maybe it would be better with more HP or more weight. I run a 1250 with a tiller and single extension now that does fine, but feel its at its limit in hard packed ground.
It rips through already worked ground though.

·
Deceased
4,845 Posts
I bet that would make the single cyl LFs strain a bit, but sure would be nice behind an HT23 or one of the diesels.

Even then I don't think I'd want to try it on anything that wasn't already plowed and/or disked.

·
Premium Member
5,740 Posts
I bet that would make the single cyl LFs strain a bit, but sure would be nice behind an HT23 or one of the diesels.

Even then I don't think I'd want to try it on anything that wasn't already plowed and/or disked.
The 1476 with the wide tiller we have was doing fine with it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts