1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Super Moderator
54,469 Posts
That's a whole lot of backing up!

·
Premium Member
1,616 Posts
I know for sure that something like that wouldn't be for me. My neck would act up something terrible. I'am sure its a usefull attachment to have,can do lots of work with something like that.Looks pretty neat too.

·
Super Moderator
14,167 Posts
Those scoops are handy for moving materiel from piles as well. I had one something like that on a JDX475. I called it my poor mans loader. I moved several tandem truck loads of gravel and garden soil with that scoop. You might want to get some weight on the front if you want to use it to move dirt etc. The front end can get light especially when backing down an incline with a load in the scoop.

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That is such a neat attachment, and would be handy to have around.
I'll trade ya for a blade. :smilewink:
Aaaaaah, NO! I want a blade in ADDITION to the Scoop Tote. I might trade a Vintage Sears snowblower that has been modified to fit the 1650 (works great just don't have enough snow to merit).

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Those scoops are handy for moving materiel from piles as well. I had one something like that on a JDX475. I called it my poor mans loader. I moved several tandem truck loads of gravel and garden soil with that scoop. You might want to get some weight on the front if you want to use it to move dirt etc. The front end can get light especially when backing down an incline with a load in the scoop.
Agree on the front weight, I've experienced that.

·
Elf guardian
7,712 Posts
Aaaaaah, NO! I want a blade in ADDITION to the Scoop Tote. I might trade a Vintage Sears snowblower that has been modified to fit the 1650 (works great just don't have enough snow to merit).
Ummm, how about I send you some snow, along with the blade.

Enough snow, that you'll need the blower, and have no use for the scoop. :D

Am I getting anywhere? :deadhorse:

·
Super Moderator
54,469 Posts
I think we need detailed pics and dimensions of this Tote!

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I think we need detailed pics and dimensions of this Tote!
If one of you gets real serious about making one just let me know what measurements you need and I'll try to get them for you.

Reg

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
54,469 Posts
I was thinking I could put this in a drawing. Then if someone wanted to build one, it would be easy for them to do.

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Today's go at it. It does a really good job if you think things through. As far as the neck ache goes, the armrests seem to help this dramatically. Also, the spinner knob on the steering wheel really pays off. Much better than being covered with snow from the blower when the wind shifts.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
I will try this by description.

Bucket width 42"
Bucket Height at back 10"
Bucket Depth 17"
Taper at front of Bucket 4"
Lip overhanging top of Bucket 2"

Clearance of frame around Bucket at back 1" (so it can tip)
Clearance of frame around Bucket at side 1/8"

On frame spread of 3 point bottom links there is a width between of 18"
From frame to top link is 20"
The hinge point on the Bucket is 5 1/2" from the back of Bucket and 2" from bottom.

Hope this help you guys.
Reg

Oh yeah there is a 2" strap going around the bottom of the Bucket lip to reinforce it.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts