Garden Tractor Forums banner

1 - 20 of 210 Posts

·
220 Posts
20120506_3.JPG

My 1974 Massey 8 my uncle bought new. Still has the dealer sticker on it. sat in a shed for 25+ years. Has the mower deck, just not in this picture. Runs pretty good, still getting the minor stuff worked out.

DSCF5342.JPG

1967 Massey 10 purchased this year. Son thinks its going to be a puller, im not sure yet. Came with the mower deck. Not running as of yet.

Attachments

·
108 Posts
Here is my Mf16, got it with a busted rod. Rebuilt the motor, runs great just no implements for it. This is my oldest on the massey's first pull/play day. Can't seem to find any of my other pictures at the moment

image.jpg

Attachments

·
23 Posts
19.JPG 20.JPG Massey Ferguson MF85

This is the machine that got me into garden tractors.

We have 52 acres of land near Warsaw NY, mostly wooded. We were using DRs and Billy Goat brush movers to make and maintain

trail system. Bought this Massey at a yard sale in 2001 to try out. needed a little engine work and the deck was in sad shape, a little patching and welding fixed it, I thought. First usage proved wrong!!!, blades out of sync, do to worn out timing pulley. New pulley and set of heavy duty blades fixed problem, been used ever since, more as a brush hog than mower. great little tractor.

Just brought home this summer first time in shop since 2008 (replaced original engine), needs another one.

This got me interested in older tractors and became an accumulator and now somewhat of a collector. have had as many as many as12 and now have 7.Working on a 1962 Jacobson 100A now, but that's another story for another day. Here's my good old Massey.

Attachments

·
Registered
254 Posts
Here's my little fleet...all 1855s, although I guess one is officially a Massey, and the other two are Snappers.

The first is my mowing machine...

WP_003676.jpg

WP_003683.jpg

The second is a parts tractor that came without an engine. I have a N52 19.9 Onan that I think I may build to put in it.

WP_003687.jpg

WP_003690.jpg

The third, has a Johnson FEL, and is a brute of a workhorse!!

WP_003693.jpg

WP_003708.jpg

And, all three together getting their pictures made :)

WP_003713 (1).jpg

WP_003708.jpg

--Eric

Attachments

·
Tractorholic
1,177 Posts
Here is group shots of Masseys from my Grandfathers tractor show fathers day weekend 2012.

135 (2).JPG 136 (2).JPG 138 (2).JPG 139 (2).JPG

Here is some individual shots that I had saved on the computer

MF14 w/3pt 1967 10 w/sleeve hitch &Brinly plow 1967 10 w/blower and cab 1975 10

garden tractors 001.JPG garden tractors 026.JPG garden tractors 029.JPG garden tractors 031.JPG

The ones in the group shot are mostly mine.A couple are my dads.The individual shots are some of the Masseys I have.I lost track of how many I have.Time to do a recount. :D

Attachments

·
Tractorholic
1,641 Posts
Here is group shots of Masseys from my Grandfathers tractor show fathers day weekend 2012.

attachicon.gif
135 (2).JPG
attachicon.gif
136 (2).JPG
attachicon.gif
138 (2).JPG
attachicon.gif
139 (2).JPG

Here is some individual shots that I had saved on the computer

MF14 w/3pt 1967 10 w/sleeve hitch &Brinly plow 1967 10 w/blower and cab 1975 10

attachicon.gif
garden tractors 001.JPG
attachicon.gif
garden tractors 026.JPG
attachicon.gif
garden tractors 029.JPG
attachicon.gif
garden tractors 031.JPG

The ones in the group shot are mostly mine.A couple are my dads.The individual shots are some of the Masseys I have.I lost track of how many I have.Time to do a recount. :D
I like the Sheppard Diesel in the big tractor lineup and the B model Mack with its nose sticking outta the shed.

·
Registered
94 Posts
SAM_1458.JPG SAM_1460.JPG SAM_1489.JPG SAM_0274.JPG SAM_1440.JPG

Here are a few showing our recently acquired 1977 Massey 1655.

She needs a ton of work to bring her "back from the brink", but overall is very solid. Used it today to move a "baby" barn that will be her new home; tonight will probably be the first time she ever spent inside.

Found an old Hobbs hour meter in the basement and figured out how to take it apart and reset the numerals; the old girl now shows just two hours run time................hahahahahahaha

Attachments

·
Elf guardian
7,712 Posts
attachicon.gif
SAM_1458.JPG
attachicon.gif
SAM_1460.JPG
attachicon.gif
SAM_1489.JPG
attachicon.gif
SAM_0274.JPG
attachicon.gif
SAM_1440.JPG

Here are a few showing our recently acquired 1977 Massey 1655.

She needs a ton of work to bring her "back from the brink", but overall is very solid. Used it today to move a "baby" barn that will be her new home; tonight will probably be the first time she ever spent inside.

Found an old Hobbs hour meter in the basement and figured out how to take it apart and reset the numerals; the old girl now shows just two hours run time................hahahahahahaha
That looks like a real worker, but man, you gotta do something about that seat.

My butt is getting soar just looking at it. :smilewink:

·
Registered
94 Posts
That looks like a real worker, but man, you gotta do something about that seat.

My butt is getting soar just looking at it. :smilewink:
Oh Ya, that seat. Not only is it harder than a church pew; it is not really fastened that well on one side and you have to keep yourself positioned with a fierce grip on the steering wheel. Had a boo at Princess Auto the other day and saw a couple that would likely work on this horse's back. Gonna take a few measurements of the old brackets before I buy one though.

Bought this rig in August and have been picking at it as time allows. She was/is in rough shape but is very solid all the same. No brakes, lights, fenders, speed selector function and the mower needs three blades. However, the plough and double disk set were a nice bonus. I think she had a hard life; the guy I bought it from only used her to mow. The attachments were never used in 15 years. He told me that he did nothing with the machine in the entire time he owned it in the way of maintaining it other than oil changes. The filler tube was quite loose in the block and oil was blowing out and covered everything. First thing I did was fix that. Amazingly, that was the only oil leak. He had no information on the previous owner what~so~ever.

Next step is finishing the snowblower nod's I started a month or so ago. Lucked into a nearly new Cub unit and looks like that will work well for dealing with the drifts that no doubt are around the corner. Have a look on Youtube for "adapting Cub....to massey" to see the progress.

Once the blower is finished I have to get the trans oil and filter changed. I would not be surprised that both are original from 1977.

Thanks for the comments.

Tom

·
Tractorholic
3,097 Posts
Boy this thread got busy today! I'll add some of mine. First off, two Massey 12's, one gear, one hydro, at a recent plow day:

GE 002.JPG

Here is another 12 Hydro I own:

GE 001.JPG

And my little Massey 8:

GE 006.JPG

Attachments

·
Tractorholic
1,177 Posts
I like the Sheppard Diesel in the big tractor lineup and the B model Mack with its nose sticking outta the shed.
The sheppard diesel is my Grandfathers.It is a sd-4.There was also a sd-3 beside it that a guy down the street,but he passed away in april,and it got sold.A good friend of his bought it so we'll still see it.The Mack is my brothers.

1 - 20 of 210 Posts