Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
55,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The factory sleeve hitch on my 1977 LGT 165 won't go down far enough for my grader blade to do more than touch the ground. The 5/8" bar at the bottom of it hits on the trailer hitch. The PO left an allen wrench in the tool box that fits the bolts on the trailer hitch, so he must have been removing it. I would rather not do this and decided to figure out how to fix this. After cussing SketchUp, I finally made a drawing of how to move the cross tube closer to the rear. Finally, I went to DeltaCad and drew up everything with measurements. Here is what I came up with:

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
55,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sorry to make this two posts, but I 'lost' my other pics. Here they are:

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
55,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Where did everybody go? Am I a jinx here or what? Surely someone has something to say.

·
Super Moderator
55,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's what I was wondering. I haven't 'revised' mine yet. If I did remove the bolts for the hitch, would it empty the Fluid?
olcowhand said:
Looks fine to me Kenny! Wonder why on earth it was designed to where it would hit the hitch anyway?

·
Super Moderator
55,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Went ahead and cut the sleeve hitch apart and rewelded per the above drawings.

KennyP

·
Super Moderator
55,514 Posts
I hadn't done the actual mod as I wanted feed back to make sure I wouldn't compromise the hitch. Haven't tried it yet, tiller is still attached.
Here are a couple of pics, it is dire need of some care. Trying to do most needed repairs first. Looks like I may have to tear the K341 down for a new set of rings, major smoke and oil consumption. Used some MMO and seafoam, to no avail. Oh yeah, the block is gray in color, so has been replaced at some point.
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Tread

KennyP

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.