Garden Tractor Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right after I open the box.
tractors 073.jpg

Here some paper work that came in the box
tractors 075.jpg

Here a can of Bolens green paint.
tractors 078.jpg

Also a NOS light kit for my 775.
tractors 079.jpg

Best thing of all 3 NOS power stearing kits for large frames.
1 for the 1477 and 2 for the 1886-01 - 1886-04.
tractors 080.jpg
 

Attachments

·
Bob's Lawn and Garden LLC
Joined
·
2,183 Posts
Very nice Jerome. Now put it all back in the box and address it to me :laughingteeth::laughingteeth:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
bhts said:
Very nice Jerome. Now put it all back in the box and address it to me :laughingteeth::laughingteeth:
Ha, no.
 

·
Connoisseur of Rusty Junk
Joined
·
5,623 Posts
Nice score Jerome! Those cylinders are very nice! Whatcha gonna do with them?
 

·
RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres
Joined
·
15,608 Posts
WOW, I would be still drolling over that stuff, wouldn't be able to even post the pictures. Great find Jerome.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
15,923 Posts
Is that the stuff Bruce was selling? Very nice find Jerome :D
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
NUTNDUN said:
Is that the stuff Bruce was selling? Very nice find Jerome :D
Yes it would be, I have to say thanks to Bruce for selling them to me.
My plans for all of it is to use them on my Bolens.
 

·
Old, but not dead -- yet!
Joined
·
3,237 Posts
wilberj said:
Yes it would be, I have to say thanks to Bruce for selling them to me.
My plans for all of it is to use them on my Bolens.
It was a pleasure doing business with you, Jerome !!

Did you notice the July 5, 1971 date on the Milwaukee Journal newspaper in the original 18089 box? .....That kit was un-opened until I opened it just before I offered it to you. .....I wanted to be sure that everything was there.

I've been storing that stuff in my attic since the late 1970's. ......I'm happy to see it go to such an avid Bolens collector !!!!

If you open that can of paint, and can rejuvenate it, it may provide a perfect sample to be computer matched for restoring Ride-A-Matics and VersaMatics, as well as many attachments.

Did the Ridemasters use the same green as the later models, or was it a darker shade? .....I do know the early Bolens yellow had more orange tint than the later, pale yellow.
 

·
Accumulator
Joined
·
13,481 Posts
Wow,great stuff,Jerome.:thumbs:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Bruce Dorsi said:
It was a pleasure doing business with you, Jerome !!

Did you notice the July 5, 1971 date on the Milwaukee Journal newspaper in the original 18089 box? .....That kit was un-opened until I opened it just before I offered it to you. .....I wanted to be sure that everything was there.

I've been storing that stuff in my attic since the late 1970's. ......I'm happy to see it go to such an avid Bolens collector !!!!

If you open that can of paint, and can rejuvenate it, it may provide a perfect sample to be computer matched for restoring Ride-A-Matics and VersaMatics, as well as many attachments.

Did the Ridemasters use the same green as the later models, or was it a darker shade? .....I do know the early Bolens yellow had more orange tint than the later, pale yellow.
It was a pleasure for me to. I did see the date on the paper but when I was pulling the unit out the paper fell apart so I did not save it. It was cool to see prices of stuff back then.

I think the green was about the same on all 3 of them maybe a little darker here and there. I have a good match for the ridemaster yellow if you look at some of my ridemaster pics you can see it.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Bruce Dorsi

·
Live long and prosper
Joined
·
6,784 Posts
Looks like alot of useful stuff. Good for you.
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top