Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a picture / mounting instructions for a 54" deck to a 1886-01. It seems like a puzzle. I have the deck PDF, so I can see how the brackets mount to the deck, but pictures would be much more helpful.

Thanks in advance,

Bernie

·
483 Posts
Those are some really good pic's that Bob posted. I have one of those 54" decks and they are heavy. Even in the pic's Bob put up you can see the deck brackets tipping towards the front of the tractor. Each deck mount bracket should have a brace set at 45 degree angle welded to it and the deck.

·
Premium Member
5,740 Posts

Attachments

Reactions: bprzyw

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys. And here i would have guessed that the arms would have went between the brackets instead on the outside. Yes, i admit it is a heavy deck, as i have been moving it around by myself. Go figure i had the blades upside down too.... just fixed that 30 minutes ago. Had to retap one of the pulley bolts to 3/8" as the 5/16" was stripped out. Jerome, i can see you already had to repair the one rear mount. I have been welding, as the 4 mounts were spider cracked. Weld,grind, repeat, i have finally gotten the deck repaired. hoping it will hold for a bit. So these decks are not hydraulic lift? just adjust with the setting arm?

·
Premium Member
5,740 Posts
Thanks guys. And here i would have guessed that the arms would have went between the brackets instead on the outside. Yes, i admit it is a heavy deck, as i have been moving it around by myself. Go figure i had the blades upside down too.... just fixed that 30 minutes ago. Had to retap one of the pulley bolts to 3/8" as the 5/16" was stripped out. Jerome, i can see you already had to repair the one rear mount. I have been welding, as the 4 mounts were spider cracked. Weld,grind, repeat, i have finally gotten the deck repaired. hoping it will hold for a bit. So these decks are not hydraulic lift? just adjust with the setting arm?
They are lifted by the hydraulics on the tractor.

Reactions: bprzyw

·
Registered
393 Posts
I'm glad someone posted this - I took my deck off last fall and I honestly would have had an issue putting it back on without help. Apparently my memory isn't as good as it was lol.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts