Garden Tractor Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got this snow blower attachment in a package deal and was told it fits an ST series Bolens. The model number on the tag is 80188. I have the blower, the front mounting bracket, a long rod I believe is for lifting up and down, and a belt. I am pretty sure it is missing the mule drive unit. It's a clean unit, not a lot of rust on it. Probably sat somewhere. I'd like to see what the mule looks like, if it is a unit that hooks to the frame or on a long bracket assembly. I'm not going to keep it, it's good trading material. Can anyone point me to a manual for this?

Attachments

·
A Little Off Plumb
7,826 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just love these later Bolens tags. They are so hard to read. A poor design. I have 3 mower decks that are impossible to read and I don't want to use anything stronger than water to clean them. Thanks for the correct model number and info.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just looked at the drawing and I have most of what is there. Missing a rod next to the bent one. Still doesn't show the transfer of power from the engine to the blower. I want to see the mule drive or whatever runs it, possibly find one to help sell this thing faster. I have no use for it, as I had a St 160 and did not like it.

·
Registered
181 Posts
That blower looks identical to my 18311 model that I bought this past winter for my 1668 eliminator tractor except the lift bracket/ attachment to the tractor is a bit different. Maybe that constitutes the model # difference. The attachment to drive it consists of a short drive shaft and a mule drive to run it off the electric pto. The mule drive is model 18318. I can get pics and a parts diagram if it interests you, but typing in Bolens 18318 pto attachment should get you some hits on the net, it did me when I was researching this several months back.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have a Troy Bilt LTX16 that has a frame with the mule drive on it. The belt goes backwards to the drive , then forward to the snow blower. I would imagine it is of a similar design.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts