Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
5,695 Posts
So sorry, Kris! I hope nothing was underneath of the building!

That's not a fun double take when you walk by your window.

Ben W.

Reactions: larryd

·
the homeless tractor hoarder
5,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It was so warm when the precip hit that we got ice for a while before it changed over to snow. Don't take much ice to be a lot of weight. I figure that was the culprit although the wind is bad too.

Nothing was in that shed as it was an old hog barn [i think] and it wasn't tall enough for much of anything. I had to duck to go inside.

·
Super Moderator
54,603 Posts
From the looks of the wall laying out, I'd say some of the supports/posts gave up! Maybe you can have an old fashioned 'barn raising' this spring! Put some taller posts in and make it more usable!

·
Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for yo
8,677 Posts
Kris sorry about the bldg. Glad though that you didn't loose anything in the collapse. Sounds like Kenny has a good idea.

·
Premium Member
15,608 Posts
Sorry for the building loss, Glad you had nothing stored in it. Ice can get very heavy in a hurry, and if are having the same winds we had yesterday, it's very strong gusts. I-35 and the new 130 Toll road (both are N/S roads) were both shut down for hours yesterday due to overturned big rigs all over the place.

·
Premium Member
15,923 Posts
Glad to hear nothing was in there Kris. Sucks that it happened though but good thing is nobody got hurt. I can't believe how many areas have gotten snow this year and we haven't had much of anything so far.

·
Live long and prosper
6,791 Posts
Sorry to hear about your building Kris. At least nothing else was damaged as a result.

·
Tractorholic
2,731 Posts
Fortunately you had nothing of value in it! Especially the cow & new calf or the "TT"! ~~ grnspot

·
Registered
7,006 Posts
Bummer!! Up here you can't get insurance against snow load even on a new quonset type building. Several have gone down in our area this winter and the only things inside that were covered were vehicles with plate insurance. Of course they don't tell you that when you pay your premium unless you ask specifically about snow load.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts