Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Tractorholic
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the surgeons have deemed that I can tinker some around home. No heavy lifting, straining, no dust---ya, you see my problem. A gallon of milk is my lift limit. Well went out to the shop anyway and wow it was real obvious that with the "new eyes" they've installed

I "see" that my shop needs lights, LOTS more than it has. So, I did some figuring and searching through my scrap I mean "invintory" and came up with some rigid conduit and boxes that needed put to use. Which required some threading. Got out the pipe vise and threader and viola ! I love using tools older than me that still work just like they were designed. Oh, by the way my youngest was "hovering" over me spying for mom and he said "geezes Dad I've seen that thing hanging in there by the compressor but I never new what it was for"

Priceless...good tools, spending time with one of the boys passing on time tested mechanical know-how :thumbs:

Attachments

·
Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for yo
8,677 Posts
I'm with you, I love the old quality tools that last a life time and more. My in-laws have been cleaning out their closest and sheds because they know they are going to have to down size. My FIL has been giving me a lot of his tool boxes and and just boxes with stuff in it. I've been finding all kinds of old tools from by gone eras. Pretty cool!

·
Premium Member
32,410 Posts
I'm pretty sure that pipe threader is heavier than a gallon of milk. Mommmmm!!!
It's sure gotta be close if not beyond! But then how can he test weigh an item without picking it up? :smilewink: Be careful Jim, but enjoy yourself now that you can.

·
Super Moderator
55,525 Posts
Glad you were able to have some fun today! I used to have a set like that back when!

Reactions: jpackard56

·
Tractorholic
3,907 Posts
It's sure gotta be close if not beyond! But then how can he test weigh an item without picking it up? :smilewink: Be careful Jim, but enjoy yourself now that you can.
Having threaded a lot of pipe with a set of cutters like that, I know it is more of a workout than lifting a gallon of milk.
Enjoy your time in the shop, but Be careful,we do not want a relapse.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
This old tool box been staring me down for months. Today it was offered at $10,, and for anther $2 two very well loved Vixen files. Closer inspection and some gun wash revealed this brass tag in the "trunk"

Attachments

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
I know nothing about my 1/4" beam torque wrench. No markings although original metal box did have label at some point, only residue of glue remains. Wrench is steel, brass & aluminum. Anyone know brand.

and my handy dandy garage key chain,,big enough that it should not get pocketed but the spare is hanging on a similar wrench..

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.