Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Tractorholic
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know the right length for the pto drive belts. The Massey number 3021289m91 for the set, is crossed as 1/2" x 32" and also as A-A30K (1/2" x 30"). The 32" belt is around 9" too long. I also have a 21" belt and it's around 1" or 2" too short. The 1200, 1450, and 1650 all show the same belt. Something somewhere is not right?

·
Tractorholic
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well, I ran a tape around the pulleys with them at the shortest ajustment and got 22" so when I get to town (middle of haying now) I'll pick up a 22" - 22 1/2" belt to try.

·
Tractorholic
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Dr. Bolens, the tensioner is there (no extra pulley used). I got it working. A 22" belt work on the shortest and a 24" as the longest ( I tried both) could work. I went with a 23" belt that put the tensioner in the middle. Everything seems to work fine. That shaft had a hole worn through the plastic tray under the seat before I got it, with the 24" belt it would make the shaft rub the tray more. So on my 1200 anyway a 1/2" x 22 1/2" to 23" is just right. hmmm...go figure!

·
Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict
32,409 Posts
1/2 x 22 is right, but seems everything has variables. The shortest you can get on is best or you run out of adjustment fast once things seat in....especially if the pulleys are worn.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.