Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Acquired another mf14 today. Saw it on cl last night and sent an email (it was also on eBay) this morning I got a call to come look at it. It's funny how things work out sometimes. My grandfather sold this tractor from the dealer he worked at brand new. So needless to say I now own another 14. This gem came with a mower plow and cart. However it dosent move. It needs a new detent pin in the trans (I think that's what it's called). It's sat for the last 15 year and in my opinion is in great original condition. And all for 550$ :D Wheel Tire Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle Tire Wheel Tractor Automotive tire Vehicle Tire Wheel Plant Vehicle Automotive tire Wheel Vehicle Tire Car Automotive lighting Plant Motor vehicle Wood Automotive tire Bumper Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,261 Posts
Nice find. Great tractors. I have one. Noel

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
The tractor looks to be in very good condition.

Thanks for the photos.

·
Banned
5,695 Posts
Beautiful old Massey! I love the style of the 14.

Ben W.

Reactions: LYON222

·
Tractorholic
1,182 Posts
You got that for a reasonable price.I saw that one on ebay.I think it was around 85 mi from me.He wanted $850.Which I thought was to much plus the mileage to get it.Did you get any info on the weight box,and could you take some more pics of that.I got one on a MF 1200 and was trying to figure out if they were the same or not but can't tell w/the pics I've seen.I can't seem to find any info on them.Mine actually has a MF decal on the back and also a lid..

·
Electric Tractors
5,639 Posts
You got that for a reasonable price.I saw that one on ebay.I think it was around 85 mi from me.He wanted $850.Which I thought was to much plus the mileage to get it.Did you get any info on the weight box,and could you take some more pics of that.I got one on a MF 1200 and was trying to figure out if they were the same or not but can't tell w/the pics I've seen.I can't seem to find any info on them.Mine actually has a MF decal on the back and also a lid..
Any info on the weights box would be good, dimensions, pictures, I have a MF16 I'd like to get for it.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'll be there all week but not taking anything. I've taken the restored 14 in the past. Hopefully next year I can bring a couple masseys. They're usually pretty rare there

·
Registered
3,827 Posts
Good looking find. It would be hard for me to do anything to it other than cleaning & getting it to run well. Congrats

Reactions: LYON222 and Gabriel

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
A good cleaning is all it's going to get. I think the paint will polish up great. It's one of the better originals I've seen.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Automotive tail & brake light Tire Automotive tire Automotive lighting Wheel Brown Wood Gas Concrete Metal Automotive tire Automotive lighting Bumper Automotive exterior Wood Automotive tail & brake light Tire Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tire Automotive tire Helmet Wheel Automotive lighting
Aside from the holes burned in the back it appears to be original MF equipment. It's constructed to well (perfect welds and such) to be hand made, or at least by the gentleman who's had it since new.

Attachments

·
Live long and prosper
6,791 Posts
Wow, nice Massey. It sure looks well cared for. Good for you.

Reactions: LYON222

·
Electric Tractors
5,639 Posts
Thanks looks like it's made of 1/4" steel plate, the bracket underneath must be for the dozer blade.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts