Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Tractorholic
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Massey 1655 steering seems extremely loose, the steering wheel twirls left and right easily with out the wheels turning. I need a parts tractor I guess, since the parts are long out of production. Do the 1450-1855 use the same steering parts, including tie rods? I appreciate any help you Massey Guru's can give me! Matt

·
Premium Member
1,616 Posts
The tie rod ends can be bought from Princess Auto here in Canada I'am sure you can pick them up at one of your surplus places as well.There just a common end 1/2" fine thread.As for the steering box they weren't the easiest to steer.Some have converted them to power steering do a search in here and you'll see how it was done.I'am not sure how to post a link so maybe someone with the know how can.Larry

Reactions: Orangeman05

·
Tractorholic
1,564 Posts
Have you tried to adjust the steering box yet? You can download the service manual from the "Manuals" section here and find complete instructions.

·
Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict
32,409 Posts
50 series gearboxes won't work on the 55 series. But TheFarm has everything you need in the post above!

·
Tractorholic
142 Posts
the bearings in the steering box, they don't make them anymore. i think bearing out of a 1980's ford truck will fit. if you need bearing just take the old ones with you to a steering guy.

·
Tractorholic
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Maybe this weekend I'll see if I can adjust the steering box, if not I have a replacement coming from TheFarm04. Thank You to all for your help, I'll keep you posted.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts