Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a couple pictures of me plowing with my 1855 at the ******* plow day in SC last weekend. I just got the motor back in it the week before. The motor was bored .20 over and I went trough it and got it back together just in time. The carb. wasn't set just right but it was fun none the less.

Attachments

·
Registered
986 Posts
wish there were some plow days near me in southern ontario, just got my 10" brinley looks like you had some fun in the dirt. how mush weight do you have on that tractor?

·
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
not enough. The front is little light with 100lbs on the front. I have around 100lbs on each rear wheel with the wheel weights. The wheels are not loaded.

The plow days are a lot of fun, even though it was a little to wet this year.

·
Tractorholic
3,097 Posts
That is a very nice looking tractor there.

Reactions: gtcsreg

·
Cub Cadet Collector
1,457 Posts
Sweet!!!!! I really want to go to a plow day.

·
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the positive responses. If you like talking and see garden tractors then a plow day is a must and I strongly recommend it.

·
Tractorholic
1,711 Posts
That is one great looking tractor. I have the snapper version and it is my goto tractor for all the big jobs.

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
I know this is an older thread, but do you have any pics of the plow set up? I am looking to get one for mine, want to see how it is setup on the back of yours.

10" or 12" moldboard?

·
1,788 Posts
The more and more I see these in use the more I like them.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
The more and more I see these in use the more I like them.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4
Yea, but if the hoods weren't so ugly! :D

Scuffy's is one beautiful tractor though, would like to get mine there someday.

·
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks, I've had it for about five years now. For a long time I would drive down the rode and look over in a field and you could only get a glimpse of the hood through the weeds growing over it. So one day my dad and I stopped and asked the guy if he would liked to sell it. Shortly after killing the bees and dragging it onto the trailer, I started on it and like everyone on here knows you never stop finding something to do.

Thanks for all the great responses.

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
Thanks for getting pictures. I bet she is really beautiful in person.

Other than the hood, I really like them, they are built so heavy.

I'll get there someday, all this for a broken starter bolt..... :wallbanging: :wallbanging: :wallbanging:

MFnomotor.jpg

·
436 Posts
Scuffy...........I was loaded up and on the road to SC with both of my kids in the truck with me when Vince called me and told me to go back home...........Both of my kids were disappointed but I think my daughter was more disappointed than my son, it was going to be her first plow day. I had my 430 and 112 with me and was going to let her plow with the 112. Oh well, guess she will get to come next year. You should get with Vince and come down to the Alabama Plow day in November.

·
93 Posts
Vince is a good guy and spends a huge amount of time on the plow day up here. I would like to come down that way, I've heard good things about the dirt in Alabama. I will have to try to get down there sometime it is just hard for me to go that far right now with a toddler at home.

P.S. Tahoe I've had the engine out of mine several times myself, and with my luck I will probably have it out several more times.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Other than the hood, I really like them,
What's your reservations against the hood? Just wondering, as I've heard several people voice your opinion...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts