Garden Tractor Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Traill95
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I finally have the Massey 8 back together and waiting on new decals. The oversize tires on the back fill out the fender wells a little better. The only real problem is the motor seems to be out of time and also sheared the key in the keyway so will be going to town tomorrow to get a new key and then retiming and resetting the points. Oh, and the Plastic nose piece broke as I was installing it. (not my fault Honest :D).

Here are some before and after pics.

Attachments

·
Banned
5,695 Posts
That will be a sharp tractor.

Do you know why the key sheared?

Ben W.

Reactions: Traill95

·
Tractorholic
3,097 Posts
You've shared about the tires before I think. I really like that look overall, and it looks REALLY sharp all painted and shiny!

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
Nice job, those tires makes it down right mean looking great improvement. :thumbs:

·
Super Moderator
14,167 Posts
I have an 8 as well and it's mostly restored. I just never seem to get the time to finish it. the nose piece on mine was almost in 2 pieces, just hanging together by a tiny bit of plastic. i got some advice from Daniel (Olcowhand) on how to repair it. There is a groove around the inside. I put some 1/8" steel rod in there and embedded it in long hair fibreglass. This is a quick and easy repair. It's very strong when done. Just be careful not to get too much FG in there. You can see where I had to remove some that was interfering with the fit on the hood. Heres a picture.

DSCF9495.jpg

Attachments

·
Traill95
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have an 8 as well and it's mostly restored. I just never seem to get the time to finish it. the nose piece on mine was almost in 2 pieces, just hanging together by a tiny bit of plastic. i got some advice from Daniel (Olcowhand) on how to repair it. There is a groove around the inside. I put some 1/8" steel rod in there and embedded it in long hair fibreglass. This is a quick and easy repair. It's very strong when done. Just be careful not to get too much FG in there. You can see where I had to remove some that was interfering with the fit on the hood. Heres a picture.

attachicon.gif
DSCF9495.jpg
Thanks for the info. I will give that a try.

·
Elf guardian
7,712 Posts
That looks good.

I like that look, with the large tires.

Nicely done. :thumbs:

Please show us some more pics, once she's decaled.

·
Traill95
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Not having any luck with the timing of this 8 hp engine on my Massey :loosing_it: About ready to take the engine back out and go thru it on the bench and put it back in after I see it run on the bench. I also think I might make it a solid mount to the frame as it seems to vibrate too much when it does fire for a few seconds.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts