Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

I've started the restoration on my late Executive. I have a question for you experts out there. What color should the grill insert be?

I have a color copy of the operators manual and there it looks to be silver, but when cleaning the grill in my tractor the only color I saw was black.

I know many things could have transpired over the last 50 years, but I want it to be right.

Sorry no pictures now this thing is in about as many parts as it could be.

Thanks in advance, David

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
Plenty of guys have em on here, should be plenty of pics in the gallery. Do a search in this sub-forum you should find several threads on them. Good luck and post plenty of pics if you can Please.

Reactions: new2horses

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tom,

I have done as you suggested, and it looks like silver is the ticket. Still wonder why there would be no trace of anything but black? Most pictures posted are of "restored" machines. So it is still a little iffy.

Thanks, David

·
Only member from Western South Dakota!
1,771 Posts
Mine is a later one too, and it's been a workhorse all it's life, not restored obviously. It's silver but may have been painted at one time before I've had it. I have owned it over 25 years though. Sure would like to see pics of your build, David!

DAC

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts