Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 20 of 199 Posts

·
Proud to be Deplorable
29,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Several of our members have managed to save some of the rarest of the Massey GT family, the Executives. Predating the AMF and Snapper designed units, these were built by Duro Corp (MotoMower) for Massey.

If you have one of these gems, please feel free to post pics here. Here we go guys, Executives on Parade.

·
Only member from Western South Dakota!
1,771 Posts
Here are all I have for now. I guess I never knew they were "rare gems"! As you can see though mine is far from an original survivor.

Later---DAC

Attachments

·
60 Posts
Here are some pictures of my MF 7E. One when I first got it and the rest as I progress on it. After its all done though I will be passing it along to someone who can appreciate it more then I could. (maybe I can get an AC 720 for it..)

SAM_0124.jpg

Attachments

·
Elf guardian
7,712 Posts
I finally got my hands on this little ole girl this week.
I've been stalking it for about a year and a half.
My best guess says it's a 1963, same as the MF7Es.
It's in rough shape, but doable. I think the original B&S 4 might even run.
Another winter project.
Here's some pics. Basically, how I got it, except for a bath, and some tin
straightening of the hood.

Attachments

·
Masseyholic
157 Posts
now thats coooool! good luck with the resto.

·
Elf guardian
7,712 Posts
Trying to figure out the date on the MF24s Deluxe.
The page DH1 posted is from a 1967 brochure.
The MF24s D has the aluminum steering wheel in that pic.
The MF8E from 1965, and maybe 1964 didn't have the aluminum wheel.
I have a manual(pdf) for the MF24s D that is dated 1970.
MTF serial # sticky says the MF24s D was only produced in 1967.

That aluminum wheel is suspect.

·
Only member from Western South Dakota!
1,771 Posts
We need to know if you are restoring completely since these are before pics! Do you have the battery cover? Mine was long gone when I got it and never even knew what it looked like until a month or so ago when I found this site!

Later---DAC

·
Elf guardian
7,712 Posts
MFDAC said:
We need to know if you are restoring completely since these are before pics! Do you have the battery cover? Mine was long gone when I got it and never even knew what it looked like until a month or so ago when I found this site!

Later---DAC
Both my MF7E, and MF8E have the battery covers. I can get some measurements
in a bit. I'll try to give enough detail, so that you can make one. If I miss anything
just ask.

Just a side note, but I find it really funny.
Us MF Executive guys are at the top of the MF Forum.
Just like in the big corporate world.:smile1:

Attachments

·
Elf guardian
7,712 Posts
Here are some rough sketches of the MF8E battery cover, and some pics.
As you can see, it has part of what's left of a trim around the bottom.
Hope this helps. If I missed anything ask. Oh yeah, mat'l is .050" thick.
Whatever that is in gauge? Not up on that.

Attachments

·
2,427 Posts
First of all Thanks for accepting me into your group. I am giving this project to my 15 year old grandson Trent. He has big ideas but his budget is limited to whatever is in my "stockpile". It was in pretty sad condition. The motor would make a good boat anchor! Someone left it sitting without the head for way too long, and it only rotates about ten degrees and klunks to a stop. The battery cover is missing. There are no attachments. The seat is of a john deere. The tires and rims look exactly like those on my sears. But other than that it is a fine little machine. Trent wants to create a parade tractor. Cosmetically it will be as original as possible, but we will have to repower it with something non-original. He's been busy with teardown and cleaning. Thanks again Rick

·
Super Moderator
54,149 Posts
Rick, Welcome! Good to see you are helping the young man with his tractor. I wish you both good luck with it. If it has a lot of rust, the Electrolysis tank is the way to go with getting that off. There is a thread down below that explains a lot about one.

Here is a link to the thread in case you are interested. Several threads are in there.
http://gardentractortalk.com/f56-tool-shed/electrolysis-rust-removal-system-1520/

·
Elf guardian
7,712 Posts
Thanks to member Frank Morris, I have a hard copy of this manual.
Next time my wizard daughter is home, I'll get her to show me how
to scan it. Then I'll post it.

It sure will come in handy when doing the resto on the 8E.

Thanks a bunch Frank.

1 - 20 of 199 Posts