Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found this add on yesterday tractors.
Posted 2012-02-16 at 10:59:08, Ad Number: 10493
For Sale: Massey-Fergenson Executive tractor. Yellow in color, dual front headlights. Steering wheel broke, other than that all complete, very rough though. Looks like it has a hitch of some sort? No nothing about these just hate to see antiques go to waste. Condition: Poor Price: FREE
Phone: 7249947204

·
Live long and prosper
6,791 Posts
The price is right. Hope someone can save it.

·
Electric Tractors
5,639 Posts
I know one guy who would like to have that and he just might make the drive to get it.
And the guy is not me.

·
Tractorholic
1,564 Posts
Would like to have it, let's see now. 3,200 miles divided by 18 mpg times $3.50 per gallon equals about $622.00 in fuel alone. Naw, I'll let someone else have it. Never seem to find deals like that around here.

·
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Billygoat. I just thought that some one should grab that thing up. Free is always a good thing.

I just could see another lawn mower going to scrap iron death.

Remember when you pick it up, you always know

·
Connoisseur of Rusty Junk
5,623 Posts
Nice save Billygoat! Glad that someone snatched it up! Can't wait to see the pics!

·
Tractorholic
206 Posts
Thanks guys, I'll post pics for sure. I know I'll have a thousand questions to ask, so stand by.

"I just could see another lawn mower going to scrap iron death."
The gentleman was pretty adamant about it not being scrapped. He felt it should at least be used for parts if nothing else. There'll be no scrappin' here. If it stands half a chance of "living" again, that's what I'll do.

·
Accumulator
13,481 Posts
Good going,Billygoat.

·
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You will have to see what model Exuctive it is?

There is the 7E and the 8E model. The easiest difference between the two you will notice is how straigt the bottom of the is. The 7E model has a flat surface alone the bottom of the hood where the 8E has a cut out strip along the bottom. The other difference is the size of the motor 7hp or 8hp.

Hopefully this turn out to be a good project for you.

·
Tractorholic
206 Posts
Well guys, I tried.
After numerous attempts to talk to this guy again all I get is silence.
I thought it was a done deal, but I guess not. I even asked the guy to call even if he changed his mind, sold it, gave it to someone else or whatever-got nothing
I don't mind not having the Gt as much as not being dealt with honestly. Whatever happened to one's word being the most important quality one has?
Oh well, at least I didn't lose anything (including my temper) on the deal. There will be another Gt coming along sometime.

·
Tractorholic
1,183 Posts
Well guys, I tried.
After numerous attempts to talk to this guy again all I get is silence.
I thought it was a done deal, but I guess not. I even asked the guy to call even if he changed his mind, sold it, gave it to someone else or whatever-got nothing
I don't mind not having the Gt as much as not being dealt with honestly. Whatever happened to one's word being the most important quality one has?
Oh well, at least I didn't lose anything (including my temper) on the deal. There will be another Gt coming along sometime.
I called him the day the ad was posted and he never returned my call also.

·
Tractorholic
206 Posts
I called him the day the ad was posted and he never returned my call also.
I had talked to him earlier. He just wanted to make sure it wasn't going to be scrapped. he also made a statement about wanting to know if I was local as he was getting calls from "guys way up north". He implied it was mine and it wasn't going anywhere until I came and got it.

·
Elf guardian
7,712 Posts
Sorry to hear you didn't get it. Yes that is frustrating, when they don't have the decency to communicate
with you as they said they would/should.
Sure would be interesting to see where it went.

·
Premium Member
15,923 Posts
I would still keep trying to get a hold of the guy, if he said it was yours. Things come up and maybe he got tied up. It is worth a shot.

Reactions: Billygoat
1 - 20 of 23 Posts