Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a massey ferguson says model 12 on side in big white letters, but also has sticker says model 126, is this a 12 / 126 / 1260????

thanks

·
Tractorholic
255 Posts
Welcome..... to GTT

sorry can't answer that one .... I never had a Massey 12.... but looking for one

The Massey model experts will be on this one real soon.

btw we like pics of your tractor

·
Proud to be Deplorable
29,904 Posts
Best way we can help, would be with a picture of the unit. If its a 12, there will be a model/serial tag on the lhs, just under the dash.

Is it possible the "6" is actually a "G"? that would mean it's a gear tranny, instead of Hydro.

·
Tractorholic
178 Posts
:Dnot to derail this train too badly:D
reminds me of a time i was at the canadian tire store about 15-16 years ago. guy in front of me standing at the auto parts counter arguing with the clerk that his car was a pontiac gooole.:smile1: clerk says he's been in this job a loooooong time and never heard of a pontiac gooole. after a few exchanges with this he (the customer) leaves the auto area in a huff to go buy other things. i get my parts, pay and leave the store. the customer is outside standing by his pontiac. he asks me if i ever heard of an auto parts store being so stupid. i reply 'you just weren't pronouncing the name properly'. he looks at me like i have a second head growing out of my neck and says 'what do you mean'?
i say 'your car is a pontiac 6000 le' :blush2:
i've never in my life seen somebodies face turn so red :smile1:
could be the same thing here. maybe, don't know:wave:

·
Proud to be Deplorable
29,904 Posts
brokenbudget said:
reminds me of a time i was at the canadian tire store about 15-16 years ago. guy in front of me standing at the auto parts counter arguing with the clerk that his car was a pontiac gooole.:smile1: clerk says he's been in this job a loooooong time and never heard of a pontiac gooole. after a few exchanges with this he (the customer) leaves the auto area in a huff to go buy other things. i get my parts, pay and leave the store. the customer is outside standing by his pontiac. he asks me if i ever heard of an auto parts store being so stupid. i reply 'you just weren't pronouncing the name properly'. he looks at me like i have a second head growing out of my neck and says 'what do you mean'?
:bigrofl: Thanks that was great!

·
Tractorholic
805 Posts
If it's a 12g, it will look like this.....

Please post a pic and we should be able to ID it for you...

I have never heard of a 126 and a 1260 is not a lawn or garden tractor

·
Tractorholic
866 Posts
Wow, Todd... that is an awesome photo! Where did you find that?

·
Electric Tractors
5,639 Posts
FirefyterEmt said:
Wow, Todd... that is an awesome photo! Where did you find that?
:ditto: Notice the spring between the deck and foot board.

·
Elf guardian
7,712 Posts
DH1 said:
:ditto: Notice the spring between the deck and foot board.
Good eye Doug.

I was always a bit suspect on that whole hanger setup on those decks. So close to center, and they tend to flop from side to side.

·
Elf guardian
7,712 Posts
How about that.
That spring is part # 533191M1 (from Agco). shows up on page 73.
Still available from jacks for $5.

Makes sense, with the extra weight of the chute.
Looks like it was only used on the later model decks.

·
Electric Tractors
5,639 Posts
I think they used it to make the deck lighter and float better.

·
Super Moderator
14,167 Posts
brokenbudget said:
Thats a good one!! I remember those Pontiacs. I had a co worker who had one and we used to refer to it as the "Goolie" I'm guessing the tractor is a 12G

1 - 17 of 17 Posts