Garden Tractor Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,616 Posts
bobl said:
Meta, if you look in the manuals section here you'll find the operator's manual for the 1450/1650 which gives the specs for the engine and transmission oil (1450 - 1650 Operators Manual - Manuals - Garden Tractor Talk Forums). Also, for the transmission, some members have recommended 15W40 (diesel motor oil) as an alternative to transmission fluid for heavy duty use - that's what I just filed mine with.
You can use the 15-40 oil for trans fluid but if it's cold were you are it's not going to be to good too use for winter use[way to heavy]I've used Dextron III for 15 yrs without any problems.If you really think about it all cars,trucks use ATF in there trans year round and have been doing so for many .many years.Larry

·
Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict
32,399 Posts
massey driver said:
You can use the 15-40 oil for trans fluid but if it's cold were you are it's not going to be to good too use for winter use[way to heavy]I've used Dextron III for 15 yrs without any problems.If you really think about it all cars,trucks use ATF in there trans year round and have been doing so for many .many years.Larry
Definitely use ATF in cold climates. I should have stated that, but Larry pointed that out. That's the good thing about a friendly forum like this, we have each other's back!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts