Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
Today marks the beginning of my adventure of purchasing and owning a compact utility tractor. I'm looking for somethin in the 25 to 35 hp range. Like a John Deere 1025R to 3033R. I live in NW MN, near Fargo/Moorhead on 10 acres. I need the tractor for snow removal, clearing downed trees in the shelter belt surrounding my property, driveway maintenance and maybe some small food plot work for deer. I'm sure I'll find more uses as time goes on. I like the John Deere 1025R, because of its small size and probably lowest entry cost on a new machine. I stopped a my area John Deere, Case IH and Massey Ferguson dealers. A friend of mine happened to be at the Massey dealer and I stepped into the office he was in, to say hello. He was talking to a different salesman then I was, I mentioned to them way I was there. That salesmen had just received a call to give an appraisal on a 5 year old 265 hr Massey Ferguson 1533 with Cab heat and AC, loader w/ bucket and a 72" rototiller. He estimated it at $15,000 to $18,000 for the whole set up. I talked to the guy arranging the auction for the estate and said he wants to get $20,000. My question for everyone is, what do you think of the Massey Ferguson 1533, will it fill my needs. Since I'd need to also purchase a snow blower for it, would you advice the front mount or the 3pt mounted blower.

Thanks In advance for any and all advise.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts