Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Tractorholic
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see these are quite popular on GTT. I know this question gets asked a lot, and several variables come into play, but assuming the hydro and motor are both good, what's a decent price to pay for a 1655 with a loader and 3 pt hitch? I've attached a picture of one for sale.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Tread Also is there a backhoe attachment for these?

Attachments

·
Accumulator
13,481 Posts
Well up here where I am,you'd probably have to pay anywhere from $1500 - $2500 or so for that machine.

·
Accumulator
13,481 Posts
Yes sir,look at that.

·
Tractorholic
507 Posts
mikebramel said:
wow how often does two of those come up for sale
Several times lately. There were 3 on at the same time for a couple of days. But then we won't see one for several months. The reserve and/or starting price has been so high lately that some aren't selling. Two have sold for $1500 and one for $900 this month, and then back in September one went for $1250 and one for $1525.

Here's one on now. 1978 - 1655 Massey Ferguson Lawn Tractor - eBay (item 300519308845 end time Feb-02-11 04:58:26 PST)

Also an MF14. MASSEY FERGUSON GARDEN TRACTOR MF14 - eBay (item 180618959795 end time Feb-05-11 17:49:10 PST)

·
Tractorholic
507 Posts
Sorry. They are such a good match with a FEL that those who have them rarely want to part with them. I know that I won't part with mine.

At a $1500 going price for the tractor and a couple of attachments on eBay, you're unlikely to find many 1655/FEL combinations for less than $2500. If you do, grab it.

The only one I've heard about with a back hoe was about 20 years ago. One was for sale in North Bay for C.$6500 in the Heavy Equipment flier. It would still be worth almost that much.

·
Premium Member
15,923 Posts
That Massey MF14 you posted was definitely worth his buy it now price. Looks like it was in really good shape too.

·
Tractorholic
399 Posts
That MF1655 in Ohio looks to be in really good shape! Only thing they screwed up is instead of fixing the electric clutch they installed a manual lever and linkage somehow??? Looks to be a pretty decent modification but why???.......to tight to spend a few bucks and fix it right???!!! LOL! Luke

1 - 9 of 9 Posts