Garden Tractor Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for the correct belt dimensions for a mf 5 riding lawn mower. Ours cut the transmission drive belt to shreds, don't know the correct size to replace it with. I could get it close by measuring with a string, but was hoping to find correct size to eliminate some trial and error. Thanks in advance for your help. Mh44d.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This service manual doesn't state what the belt dimensions are, but thanks for the interest just the same! Mh44d.

·
1,087 Posts
Ok. I just got home and measured the deck belt. No #s left on it but it's 1/2 X591/2 long. Hope this helps you out and gets you cutting again.

·
Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict
32,407 Posts
Drive belt OEM # is 523733M1, and the dimensions I find are 1/2 x 58. If the outer dimension is 59 1/2", then likely the inner would be about 58".

·
1,087 Posts
Drive belt OEM # is 523733M1, and the dimensions I find are 1/2 x 58. If the outer dimension is 59 1/2", then likely the inner would be about 58".
Yes,Daniel will be right. I did measure O.D. Olcowhand to the rescue as usual. Thanks.

·
Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict
32,407 Posts
Yes,Daniel will be right. I did measure O.D. Olcowhand to the rescue as usual. Thanks.
I rescued nobody. Belts & how companies measure confuse the heck out of me. Some go by OD while others ID length. I wish they ALL would standardize how measurements are stated.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all the help folks! I'll go to the local auto parts store and get a 1/2" belt 58"s long. Would anyone know the correct length of the mower deck belt, I'll try and get both belts in Kevlar ordered up, and the next time I have belt troubles I will have a good set of spare belts on hand. Mh44d.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts