Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well here is what I got done so far on my MF7E. Got an orginal steering wheel comming from Ohio and a decal set comming from Florida. Engine is all done, Have to order the tires and put them on the rims. Once it is on its wheels ill install the engine in and start work on the mower deck

Motor vehicle Tent Plant Asphalt Vehicle

Attachments

·
Live long and prosper
6,789 Posts
Looks good so far. I like the rest of the herd in the background too.

·
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. ya for some odd reason that heard just keeps getting larger and larger. Personally im an AC guy, and this little massey can get me 5 ACs once im done with it. Just not sure if i want to part with it yet. Kinda like you got something new and you really not sure if ya want to leave it go.

·
Accumulator
13,481 Posts
Hey,that's looking good so far.

·
Super Moderator
54,355 Posts
Looking good. That will be a nice tractor when you are done with it. Thanks for the pic.

·
Elf guardian
7,712 Posts
Lookin good.
Is that the MF yellow?
The decal set you're getting from Fla.? Is that special order, or is that a stock item for them.
Info on that would be appreciated.

·
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the decals were made about three years ago by a guy who thought he could make some money from them. But he only sold like one set because no one were restoring the little executives or something like that. but I got a complete set for 30.00 so i cant complain. the yellow paint was crossed refrence from massey brand to valspar brand. So they say (valspar) that , thats the color i was looking for. I'm not to sure on it I never seen massey yellow, but It's a little bright for me.

·
Premium Member
15,923 Posts
Looks like you are making good progress so far. I like the others lurking in the background as well. I don't know where you are located but if you are close and decide to part with it let me know.

·
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
im from Pennsylvania. out of curiosity how much would that MF7E go for? it has the mower deck as well and the engine runs great and is all re-done as well.

·
Proud to be Deplorable
29,904 Posts
inkman232001 said:
im from Pennsylvania. out of curiosity how much would that MF7E go for? it has the mower deck as well and the engine runs great and is all re-done as well.
George, what do you think... $25 to $50 depending on the paint quality and if the tank is full? :rofl2:

I wish I could help, but I'm out of my comfort zone on this one.

·
Elf guardian
7,712 Posts
MH81 said:
George, what do you think... $25 to $50 depending on the paint quality and if the tank is full? :rofl2:

I wish I could help, but I'm out of my comfort zone on this one.
:bigrofl: Sold, I'll take it. I wish.

·
Premium Member
15,923 Posts
I would give $300 - $400 for it. It also depends on who you find wanting one. You might be able to get more for it.

·
Ron Paul
1,009 Posts
I know a collector who had one with a blower and deck said he was offered $2000 for it at a show.

BUT I would never expect to get that for it

·
Elf guardian
7,712 Posts
mikebramel said:
I know a collector who had one with a blower and deck said he was offered $2000 for it at a show.

BUT I would never expect to get that for it
I agree, neither would I, but maybe that's becuase we, like many here at GTT, are "fix it up"guys.
There are people out there with more money than ambition. I like to watch the Barret Jackson Classic car
aution every Feb. from Scottsdale Arizona. Perfect example of the type of people that might spend $2000
for a restored collectible. One has to find the right market to sell in to.

·
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ya, all depends on the person who wants it. iv been offered 500.00 before i even touched it, and another guy said he would give me his whole fleet of allis chalmers wich consist of 5 full running tractors and 2 for parts and buckets of parts. If and when i sell it i want it to go to someone who is going to apreaciate it and not just want it for the value factor. guess im just weird that way. i just dont want to see it sitting and no one even giving it a spin around the yard..lol

·
28 Posts
are all executives yellow i found one for 400 and it is the massey red and silver wondering if this is correct it is a decent running machiene and will need a paint job i think it is just a little steep for what i want to pay but these are hard to come by

·
Tractorholic
805 Posts
robin said:
are all executives yellow i found one for 400 and it is the massey red and silver wondering if this is correct it is a decent running machiene and will need a paint job i think it is just a little steep for what i want to pay but these are hard to come by
Yes, All the Duro Corp tractors (7E and 8E) came in Yellow only. It wasn't until the introduction of the new line up 1966 when they went with the Red, Gray and Silver. Do you have any pics?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts