Garden Tractor Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Tractorholic
866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of these days, I need to copy this post over here...

Accurate Bearring on-line (800) 323-6548 (ask for Lynne)

Z-9504B (3.75 each) Upper bearings

Torringington B-1616 (4.90 each) 1" wide lower bearings - these are 50% wider than the stock for more shaft to bearing contact. Plenty of room to install these.

Seal
Trans-Com 10122TC (3.75 each)

Reactions: 618jeff

·
Premium Member
15,923 Posts
I stuck your post as a new thread so it could easily be found. Eventually I would like to make an organized thread with all important information that anyone would need regarding the Massey garden tractors.

·
Elf guardian
7,712 Posts
NUTNDUN said:
Eventually I would like to make an organized thread with all important information that anyone would need regarding the Massey garden tractors.
Monumental task, but great idea.
Set up a section, branching out into various areas. Just thinking out loud.
Seems alot of things get hashed over again and again, but an online service manual of sorts would be
helpfull as all get up, especially to new comers who don't know where to look.

·
Premium Member
15,923 Posts
I would eventually like to have a wiki on the site for exactly that. A book/manual that could be worked on by any member and slowly built to be a great resource.

·
Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict
32,407 Posts
IamSherwood said:
Not that I want to get over educated on computor lingo, but what is a Wiki?
It's a wet sticky! LOL I don't really understand it all either Sherwood.

·
Elf guardian
7,712 Posts
olcowhand said:
It's a wet sticky! LOL I don't really understand it all either Sherwood.
It's probably best that us old guys just stay out of that high falutin stuff.
We should let them deal with the "010100001000100001" binary code stuff, and keep wrenching.

And George, I'm not going to get a video camera. I spent 2 hrs today hooking up a TV for my
daughter. Enough high tech for this year.

·
Premium Member
15,923 Posts
Lee, I will get it added to the articles system hopefully in the next couple days. I gotta get Ray's Ridemaster cart added too.

·
Premium Member
15,923 Posts
IamSherwood said:
Not that I want to get over educated on computor lingo, but what is a Wiki?
It is basically an encyclopedia that anyone can add information to. If you ever did any google searching and landed on wikipedia then that is pretty much what it is.

·
Elf guardian
7,712 Posts
NUTNDUN said:
It is basically an encyclopedia that anyone can add information to. If you ever did any google searching and landed on wikipedia then that is pretty much what it is.
Ok, yeah, that sort of setup would be very useful.
So, when does WikiGT get launched?

·
Premium Member
15,923 Posts
IamSherwood said:
Ok, yeah, that sort of setup would be very useful.
So, when does WikiGT get launched?
We actually had wikigt.com setup but the way that setup was, it made it easy for spammers to register and add and edit info and without someone being on it constantly it was almost impossible to keep up with all of the spam. Where if we integrate something here on the site it will be a whole lot easier to maintain and only registered members will be able to add or edit it.

·
Premium Member
15,923 Posts
MH81 said:
Would the wiki show on searches (google, etc) ? Might be an excellent crowd draw.
Yes, it would be viewable by anyone but only editable by members.

·
Premium Member
15,923 Posts
I wanted to post updated information and prices.

The phone number that is was posted is now their fax phone number. The correct number now is 1-800-323-6548

The first bearing part number now cross references to part number Z-9504B which is still $3.75 a piece.
The seals they didn't have in stock but are ordering more in and their price is now $3.75 each.

I am going to edit Lee's post to reflect the updated information. I just ordered everything because I want to redo the mower deck on my MF12G. We need to have a second mowing tractor available.

Reactions: MFDAC

·
Tractorholic
866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks George! Now that you mention it, they had to order my seals in as well. It was not a big delay or anything though.

·
Premium Member
15,923 Posts
FirefyterEmt said:
Thanks George! Now that you mention it, they had to order my seals in as well. It was not a big delay or anything though.
I figure if I get everything in a week I will be happy. I am going to pull my deck apart here in the next day or so and I want to sandblast the bottom of the deck and repaint it.

·
Tractorholic
866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Oh, on mine... when I added the grease fittings, I removed the inner seal on the large bearing. This allowed me to let the grease fill into the bearing without having to force it into the bearing through the seal. Just grease nice and slow so you do not pop-out the outer seal on the bearing. The needle bearings do not have anywhere as much stock grease as the larger ones and really need some grease every now and then.

Reactions: IamSherwood

·
1 Posts
NUTNDUN said:
I stuck your post as a new thread so it could easily be found. Eventually I would like to make an organized thread with all important information that anyone would need regarding the Massey garden tractors.
I'm a new member so please direct me if I do this wrong...
I had two Massey MF12 garden tractors but have given them away. I still have the owner's manual (very soiled) and the complete 180-page PARTS BOOK #651,238,M95 (pristine condition). Since I no longer need these I will gladly donate them to a Massey collector provided any new data be scanned for use by others on this website.
Dave Kemmer
Oronoco, Minnesota
kemmer -at- pitel.net

1 - 20 of 28 Posts