Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Electric Tractors
5,639 Posts
Anybody have the MF630 dozer blade, I'm looking for a good picture of the factory front bracket.
This is the best pic I have of 1 that I just found here at GTtalk.

Automotive tire Snow Bumper Road surface Asphalt

As you can see it's a small pic looking for a nice big one and measurement of height.

Attachments

·
Electric Tractors
5,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mike thanks those pictures good enough, tells me what I need to know.
Question the spring is that where it's suppose to go?
I thought it went to the frame near the pivot point? Not the top of the blade.
The lift assist spring.

·
Ron Paul
1,009 Posts
Well, theres a hole on the center of the blade and the center of the arch. Theyre the same size. The spring is a perfect fit this way. The early snowblower I got with the 12 was complete too. And you konw all the brackets and what not with the early blowers. so i dont have any reason to doubt this.

·
Electric Tractors
5,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ya I just checked the part's books 3 different MF630 blades all the same just little differences.
Early 2 piece push tube.
Late 1 piece push tube with skid shoes
Late 1 piece push tube w/o skid shoes

Looks like I have the late style w/o skid shoes.
That bracket won't be hard to make. I'll just set the height for what ever spring I come up with and make it work.
Thanks for the help guys, learn something new everyday.
Now I got to get George to change the title since I put the wrong model #

·
Electric Tractors
5,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
English measure is good, I have a hard time with Canadian metric, guess I just too old.
I got enough info now to make my own.
Thanks again.

·
Tractorholic
805 Posts
DH1 said:
Ya I just checked the part's books 3 different MF630 blades all the same just little differences.
Early 2 piece push tube.
Late 1 piece push tube with skid shoes
Late 1 piece push tube w/o skid shoes

Looks like I have the late style w/o skid shoes.
That bracket won't be hard to make. I'll just set the height for what ever spring I come up with and make it work.
Thanks for the help guys, learn something new everyday.
Now I got to get George to change the title since I put the wrong model #
Mine has the one piece push tube, w/o skids. If you need any measurements let me know...

·
Electric Tractors
5,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Man that's what I like about this site, ask a question get some answers.
That is what makes this place so good, today you help me, tomorrow I help you, everybody wins.

·
Accumulator
13,481 Posts
DH1 said:
English measure is good, I have a hard time with Canadian metric, guess I just too old.
I got enough info now to make my own.
Thanks again.
Yeah,I still use the "old" Imperial system most of the time,as I also have trouble with the Metric system.

·
Electric Tractors
5,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well I found a MF630 parts diagram here at GTtalk in the manuals section and I looked though my pile of info and found an operators manual for the exact MF630 that I have. Here's a picture that I have of what I wanted to know right from the start.
Book Font Publication Material property Wood

Attachments

·
Tractorholic
57 Posts
I looked in the parts manual and realized that you have the late model blade, I sent you hangar dimensions from my earlier model, sorry about that. I uploaded the MF 730 manual recently in response to a request, which had me looking at that implement, something I hadn't looked at in years. It seems that over time the MF 630 and the MF 730 dozer blades both adopted the same non-reversible wear blade and both lost the skid shoes. I don't know if that represented cost-cutting or a better understanding by AMF/Massey about how consumers were using the tractors and for how long they would typically use them.

·
Premium Member
15,923 Posts
Doug, I gotta make a bracket for mine as well as I don't have the correct piece and after looking at that picture it makes sense to me as to why my dozer blade was so darn heavy to lift. Judging by that pic where the helper spring mounts is like a foot higher then the guide which would definitely help. Now that I have the blade for the Cub I don't know how soon I would get to making a bracket for the Massey dozer blade especially since I love having the snow blower on the 12.

·
Electric Tractors
5,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
NYMalloys said:
I looked in the parts manual and realized that you have the late model blade, I sent you hangar dimensions from my earlier model, sorry about that. I uploaded the MF 730 manual recently in response to a request, which had me looking at that implement, something I hadn't looked at in years. It seems that over time the MF 630 and the MF 730 dozer blades both adopted the same non-reversible wear blade and both lost the skid shoes. I don't know if that represented cost-cutting or a better understanding by AMF/Massey about how consumers were using the tractors and for how long they would typically use them.
Here's a picture of the wear bar (cutting edge) on the blade I have, right now the blade is off the frame and will stand up straight on it's own. Looks like they incorporated the cutting edge and skid shoes into 1 piece that runs the length of the blade.
Wood Yellow Art Automotive wheel system Tints and shades
The bracket that I have to make, the height will be determined by the spring I use, not going to buy one just use something that I already have.

Attachments

·
Electric Tractors
5,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
NUTNDUN said:
Doug, I gotta make a bracket for mine as well as I don't have the correct piece and after looking at that picture it makes sense to me as to why my dozer blade was so darn heavy to lift. Judging by that pic where the helper spring mounts is like a foot higher then the guide which would definitely help. Now that I have the blade for the Cub I don't know how soon I would get to making a bracket for the Massey dozer blade especially since I love having the snow blower on the 12.
Ever heard the expression 1 tractor, 1 attachment.
Or 1 tractor, 1 summer and 1 winter attachment.

·
129 Posts
I have just picked up a late model 630 blade (one piece push rod, no skids) but missing the front hangar and lift assist spring. Would anyone be kind enough to be able to post dimensions please? Alternatively, if they have already been uploaded somewhere, perhaps someone could point me in the right direction.... Many thanks!

·
Tractorholic
3,097 Posts
MFGray, post number 9 in this thread has some measurements of one of the MF style front brackets. But I'm not sure I'm understanding exactly what you need.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts