Garden Tractor Forums banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict
32,400 Posts
These are the paint schemes for MF7 thru MF16. These paint codes are "factory exact" codes.
Massey Ferguson Paint Schemes, Colors, & Codes
All models MF7 thru MF16-Front grille, rims- Silver Mist- code #M1037
All models MF7 thru MF16-Hood, fenders, plastic dash surround frame-
Red/Rouge- code #M1041
MF7 thru MF16- Entire chassis (all but what is listed above), belt
shields, footboards, engine, axles, hubs, fuel tank, dash tower- Flint
Metallic Grey- code #M1025
(Exception to above-MF14 & 16 had footboards painted red/rouge)
Early MF10 & MF12G & MF12H had rim centers painted red, with the outer
rim painted silver mist. At least 69's & up had solid silver mist rims.

All MF7 thru 16 models- decks, deck hangers, & related deck components are
red/rouge M1041

Massey 1200 through 1855: Chassis, fenders, footrest,....basically everything
EXCEPT the grill and wheels are Massey Red, code #M1041. Grill & rims are
"Silver Mist", code #M1037. Engine is a Satin Black.

Close match to the silver mist in spray can is either Plastikote #618 "Steel Wheel" or Dupli-Color Wheel paint #WP101 Silver. Both have the tiny metallic like silver mist.

·
10 Posts
I need a good picture of MF12 mowing deck front wheel and how it mounts ( the part you dont see when mounted) the front veiw from front.

·
Tractorholic
285 Posts
I noticed this a couple of months ago when I went hunting out back (and before the snow buried these) but my early MF-10 appears to have had it's floorboards painted red instead of the metalic gray. Has anyone hear of this? When I get around to restoring it this summer, should I paint it red?
Picture 030.jpg

Attachments

·
Accumulator
13,481 Posts
mikebramel said:
Codes to go to NAPA

54958 silver mist metallic

94941 red rouge

94939 metallic grey
Question Mike,which brand of paint are those codes for ? ( examples: DuPont, RM,Ditzler,etc)

·
32,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
DMF said:
I noticed this a couple of months ago when I went hunting out back (and before the snow buried these) but my early MF-10 appears to have had it's floorboards painted red instead of the metalic gray. Has anyone hear of this? When I get around to restoring it this summer, should I paint it red?
View attachment 10266
Never seen running boards red. Some (early models) have the red pto pedal assemblies red as in your pic, & others (later models) are flint metallic grey.

·
Tractorholic
285 Posts
olcowhand said:
Never seen running boards red. Some (early models) have the red pto pedal assemblies red as in your pic, & others (later models) are flint metallic grey.
I must have a rare one then!

Doh! I posted the wrong pic! Have a look at this one....it's pretty clear that the original paint on this one's running boards are red...?

Picture 031.jpg

Attachments

·
Tractorholic
866 Posts
No, those were gray... looking in your photo I can see the shape of the "mudflap" shape near the tire. This gives the appearance that the red was applied with the mudflap still on it. Plus, from what I can see, it really looks like you can see the gray popping out in a few places. It is good to see another tractor that almost makes my hydro look "good" though.

Reactions: kdubban

·
Tractorholic
285 Posts
I hear what you're saying Firefyter but what appears to be gray under the "mudflap" at this angle is really just rust I believe. I'll strap on the snowshoes over the weekend, hike out back and take some more pictures.

·
Tractorholic
285 Posts
DMF said:
I hear what you're saying Firefyter but what appears to be gray under the "mudflap" at this angle is really just rust I believe. I'll strap on the snowshoes over the weekend, hike out back and take some more pictures.
I checked it out this weekend; it was originally silver, repainted with red. Sorry for the confusion...please ignore my stupidity... :(

·
Accumulator
13,481 Posts

·
Accumulator
13,481 Posts

·
14 Posts
I have a MF7 with mower deck and blade for the front as well as a set of tire chains, MF14 with mower deck, snowblower and tire weights, I also own a MF35 Desiel Tractor, I plan to restore all three although the MF14 and MF35 are in good working and use on a daily bases, the MF7 is in good order just needs some TLC more then anything, hope to take lots of pics and share

·
14 Posts
Here are the paint codes for OMNI products Red-MTK 72355ALT, Silver Mist Grey - MTX 31991, and Flint Gray Metalic - MTX 31644, well let know how it turns out and post some pics

·
12 Posts
Just weeks ago, I was ready for paint on my newly restored MF12 Vari-speed, walked into my local Napa Store and inquired about Factory Massey Colors, they had the listings in the books, mixed the colors and the postings will be in here next week, just as soon as the snow blower is mounted.

·
32,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
seger111 said:
Just weeks ago, I was ready for paint on my newly restored MF12 Vari-speed, walked into my local Napa Store and inquired about Factory Massey Colors, they had the listings in the books, mixed the colors and the postings will be in here next week, just as soon as the snow blower is mounted.
I look forward to those pics!

1 - 20 of 61 Posts