Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it's not a ferguson but a Massey none the less. Wanted one since I was little and now here it is. All original as far as I can tell will hydraulic lift to boot!! Picked it up today from an auction several miles from home. Snow plow, dirt plow, and 2 sickle bars included, 1 is BRAND new and never used. Probably one of the best running and original ponys I've seen with original books to. Needless to say I STOLE IT for what I paid. Tire Wheel Vehicle Plant Tractor Wheel Plant Motor vehicle Automotive tire Tire

Attachments

·
Tractorholic
8,365 Posts
Looks very nice :thumbs: I saw one on our cl but nearly as nice as yours

Reactions: LYON222

·
Banned
5,695 Posts
I think you did great. The Pony was always a smooth running little tractor.

Ben W.

·
Premium Member
5,741 Posts
Great little tractor nice buy.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Got real lucky. It was the smallest tractor in the row and I suppose everyone was looking for heavy equipment.

·
Tractorholic
8,365 Posts
Looks very nice :thumbs: I saw one on our cl but nearly as nice as yours
I just reread my post it should have said " not nearly as nice as yours " lol

·
Proud to be Deplorable
29,904 Posts
They are fantastic little go getters and that one is in VERY nice condition.
The Pony is the smallest of the group and with only 62 cu in, you will need to watch your expectations, but they will do a surprising amount of work with (I think 11 Hp)

I have always joked that you don't get on them so much as put them on... No known graceful way to climb aboard and Once you're on them, you want to stay there until the job is done. Love the tractor, just not the mounting procedure.

I currently am waiting for parts on a Gray one,

·
Proud to be Deplorable
29,904 Posts
Did they make them in a gray color or did I mis understand?
In '54, when the two Companies were beginning the merger, they still had both dealer lines. The Ferguson Dealers didnt have a competing piece to the Allis G and other, small "Crop Farmer" units. Massey and Ferguson came up with the idea of painting some Ponies Gray and selling them at Ferguson Dealers. The same with the implements.
The gray one we have was one of the ones "recalled" by Massey because it didnt sell at the Fergy Dealer and then it was repainted red with new decals. The red is starting to peel off and the gray is showing underneath.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Wow pretty neat history lesson on the little tractors. I bet that makes it pretty rare then? By serial # mine is a 51. More pics coming tonight.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts