Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The steering's been getting loose on the MF-14, today while plowing snow it went out completely the wheel turns but nothing happens, not that's not actually right, t still works half assed while in reverse. I know a guy selling a new rebuilt one on ebay for 175.00, but I may try to rebuild it myself

·
Premium Member
15,923 Posts
hooligan said:
The steering's been getting loose on the MF-14, today while plowing snow it went out completely the wheel turns but nothing happens, not that's not actually right, t still works half assed while in reverse. I know a guy selling a new rebuilt one on ebay for 175.00, but I may try to rebuild it myself
I can't believe how pricey the one is on ebay. I guess with how rare these machines are getting the higher prices are getting to be sensible. I am anxious to hear how you make out tackling the job yourself. I think you can do it. I wish you the best with it.

·
Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict
32,409 Posts
It's not a big deal Mike. Inexpensive too. I think Jacks Small Engines sells the balls, races, & other parts you may need, like a new worm follower.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
olcowhand said:
It's not a big deal Mike. Inexpensive too. I think Jacks Small Engines sells the balls, races, & other parts you may need, like a new worm follower.
Yep, I'm going to buy the parts and do it myself, don't think it will be that hard, now that I'm a Stens Parts Dealer, I'll see if I can save a few bucks, thanks so much for the help. Mike

1 - 4 of 4 Posts