Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to get some thoughts on the hydro adjustment. When I bought my little 8 and got it fired up the first time the lever was in the neutral position and she started going backwards at a decent clip and I shut it off instead of moving the lever, first instinct.

Anyway I started adjusting the lever to get a neutral position and got that all worked out and it doesn't move either direction when it is in neutral now. The thing that I feel is strange though is it seems to run stronger and faster in reverse then it does going forward. I don't know if it just feels that way or it really is. Just want to see what you guys think.

·
Premium Member
15,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is weird, I guess I just kind of wish it was faster in forward. I don't want to spend money to rebuild the pump when it doesn't leak and it does work good the way it is and if it is normal then I can deal.

·
Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict
32,409 Posts
Not familiar with your model, but if linkage favors reverse, you might be losing some forward speed through mal-adjusted linkage, but would just be a tiny bit.

·
Premium Member
15,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had it set so it wouldn't move when in neutral. I will have to try adjusting it again in the spring. It may just be my imagination.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts