Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Tractorholic
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just brought home my two yes count them two 1650's one with mower and one with tiller and spare parts tiller, my question is should I have gone with an Allis 720 with loader, blower, mower, and blade for double the price that i paid for the massey's?? i got both 1650 for 1500 Canadian. I know nothing about the Allis, kind of sounds fishy to me !

·
103 Posts
pics would help in a decision. The Allis sounds like a good deal with all the attachments. the loader itself is worth the price of one of your 1650's. what end of Canada you in?

·
Tractorholic
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I live west of Prince Albert Saskatchewan I will post pics today as soon as I take them

G

·
1500 is pretty high for the two 1650 you bought, but no outrageous, just not any kind of deal. The Allis like Mike said is a whole nuther class of tractor, subcompact tractor. I'd of gone for the Allis, but that's just me. It really depends on what your going to need it for. If you don't have at least 5 acres the Massey are are great if you have 5 or more acres the Allis would have suited you better. I think you really need to go back and buy that Allis also :)

·
Tractorholic
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
here as some pictures Motor vehicle Plant Vehicle Product Automotive tire

Attachments

·
Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict
32,409 Posts
Looking at the pics, I'd say you got a good deal on the two Massey's. The tillers are awesome & HARD to find. The Allis IS a great tractor & the FEL....you can't go wrong. If it's a good running/operating Allis, it would be a great buy & you'd never regret it. Loaders are an invaluable tool that not only do a LOT of work, but can save your back too.

·
Accumulator
13,481 Posts
That's some good looking stuff.:thumbs:

·
4,476 Posts
That's a deal here in Wisconsin.
Great looking tractors.

·
1,499 Posts
I think you did pretty well on the Masseys. They look to be in nice shape, both have 3 point hitches and pto. You have everyones dream going for you to, a tractor for every attachment so you don't have to switch back and forth!

·
Tractorholic
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Now that I have these, this gentleman called, he has an 1855a with a 48 inch tiller and a snow-blower that is still on the original pallet, never been used, he was a Massey dealer in the past. He claims the unit is in running condition need tune up but other wise good to go. he is asking 900 Canadian. I think I can get them for 800. wouldn't that be nice one for every attachment LOL actually I was going to sell on of the 1650 if anyone is interested. I am willing to haul to the American border I go there to visit friends now and then. by the way I think it would come with the spare tiller, from what I can tell the lower chain drive is broke not to much to fix I think even has the pto drive with it.

·
103 Posts
I'd take the snowblower of your hands if you were willin to meet me half way to calgary. You should find out if he has any more attachments.....rear blade?

·
Tractorholic
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I will be keeping the 1855 and attachments sorry, but I am going to sell one of the 1650's
I don't think the mower from the 1650's will fit the 1855 seeing as it has a belly pto drive
I might have found a blower on kijiji that look alot like a massey only in blue, he wants 150 for it. I might go check it out today will let you know. Does anybody know if these snow-blowers were built for any other company???
Snowblower for Garden Tractor - Prince Albert Home/Garden Items For Sale - Kijiji Prince Albert Canada.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts