Garden Tractor Forums banner

Massey Parts Vendors & Sources

22K views 22 replies 19 participants last post by  jason silliker 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Massey MF1655/1855 Electric PTO clutch (Massey belts have their own "sticky thread")
To start this parts reference off..... on behalf of member Luke, as the below is his post.
I contacted Warner Clutch Company and have been talking to the tech support guys, emailed them pics of the field coil and rotor/armature assembly and have found out that they still offer this clutch system but to date they are all sold out of them and no supplier has any left anywhere. They have an order with AGCO to build some 20 assemblys and should have been deliverd to AGCO by now but due to the economy they are behind schedule with production...so they say!! Good news is they are going to build more but when....who knows! I have the new numbers to order the assemblys....the field coil is a different number then the rotor/armature number so here you go.....

Field Coil kit # 5208-101-076 and Rotor/Armature kit # 5208-101-008 To order these kits you must contact J Thomas at 1-800-828-7980 as they are the only ones that have access to ordering this assembly. Any more questions just ask!

#2 ·
Reactions: kdubban
#3 ·
FirefyterEmt

Here are the spindles I rebuilt on my 1974 MF-12 deck. I have drilled and tapped the spindles (1/4"-28) for some grease fittings as well. I decided to place them on the top side of the deck. Granted, the cover must come off to grease, but it will give me a reason to clean the grass out. Make sure you remove the inner shield from the wide bearing so the grease can get into it. You can also buy new clips at any hardware store. I replaced them all when I re-built them. The spindles housings were also sandblasted and powder-coated in matte black while I was in there. All the hardware was replaced with new stainless steel where ever a nut or bolt was to be found on the deck. Yes, even the one that holds the blade on!

I ordered the bearings from Accurate Bearing on-line for the best prices I could find after searching. (800) 323-3116 (ask for Lynne)

NICE 7488-8 (3.75 each) Upper bearings

Torringington B-1616 (4.90 each) 1" wide lower bearings - these are 50% wider than the stock for more shaft to bearing contact. Plenty of room to install these in the housing.

Seal
Trans-Com 10122TC (2.00 each)

#4 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hey guys Jeremy sold his side business making the headlight bezels and steering wheel caps for the MF-7 thru MF-16

If anyone is interested please send an email to GTReproductions@gmail.com. :thumbs:

Here are some photos of items. The casting material is white if not tinted. Don't have a clear cap in hand at the moment to take a pic.

At the present time we can reproduce the Headlight Bezel (trim) and steering wheel caps. The bezels come in a red tint but will need painted to get a good color match. We can make the caps in black, red or clear. We're checking into decals to put on the caps but nothing firm yet. We were told that the cap will fit other brands but don't have a list of compatibility yet.

We are thinking of adding the front wheel spindle caps (not sure what exact name is) but that would be a few months out. We're open to suggestions on other Massey parts or other brand parts that are needed. We have a MF-10, MF-14 and Wheel Horse C160. We're not familiar with others, that's where we rely on input from you guys who have them. Once we get suggestions we have to look into trademark, copyright and other legal stuff so we can't make a determination on feasibility of production for a bit.

Thanks
GT Reproductions

Attachments

#5 ·
#6 · (Edited by Moderator)
I stumbled onto these just doing an image search for an old Dynamark like Dad had when I was a kid. These sure look like the same as the massey MF14/16 lift rock-shaft bushings. If I remember right, the MF ID is 3/4" (3/4" is Hydro lever size, rockshaft size is 7/8"), so they may be a match. They have the flat side & all. They appear identical.

These DO NOT match the rockshaft bushings, but ARE a match to the hydro lever bushings on the MF14/16. They could however be bored out to the ID size of 7/8", then would work for the MF14/16 lift rockshaft.

Here's the webpage link.

http://www.milfordpower.com/Noma-Bearings-Bushings-s/1059.htm

R3303-1.jpg
clear1x1.gif
clear1x1.gif
clear1x1.gif
clear1x1.gif
R3303 Flange Bearing Replaces Noma 54902 List Price: $3.93
Our Price: $2.50
You save $1.43! btn_addtocart_small.gif
clear1x1.gif

Replaces AMF/DYNAMARK/NOMA 54902
Flange Bearing. Graphite Impregnated.
FLANGE OD: 1-9/16"
HEIGHT: 1/2"
ID: 3/4"
OD: 1-3/8" Bullet_MoreInfo.gif

#9 ·
The ignition switch on my MF14 is dead. I've tried to get a new one from various small engine shops but ended up wasting my money..twice!

As we all know Indiak makes them switches can someone tell me the part number from Indiak so I ca order direct from them?
I had posted a reply to your question, a few days ago, but somehow, it got moved.

Its here now.

I hope that helps.

#12 ·

Does anyone have a part number for a carburetor for an hh120? I can't find any numbers on the original.
Tecumseh carb part# 631533

It should be a "Walbro LME 36" and walbro has a part number also but I don't remember it.

P.S. good luck finding that carb...it took me a month and checking ebay every 30 minutes to finally buy one rebuilt for $75 USD

P.P.S. Hi guys I'm new here :wave:

#13 ·
did a couple of online searches when I first picked up my "latest" 1650- ended up speaking with David Jones from Agco Corp 603-724-1631 - he's a good source of information and history on the MF GT brand (based on the length of the conversation we had)

he suggested contacting Big Boy Tools in CT, Soslers in New Hampton NY 845-374 3621, Know Land Equipment - 603- 746-5260 (they have crosses to Ingersol- who at one point made MF equipment

I haven't contacted anyone other than David Jones, so I can't say for sure any of this contact information actually has any value, but figured others might want to have it

#16 ·
#17 ·
Greetings,

I am currently restoring an MF 10 and am looking for part vendors/sources to buy stock/equivalent replacement piston rings. The stock motor was a Tecumseh 10hp, model: HH100-11097C, serial number: 9337. I believe the cylinder bore is 3.3125". Any information on where these could be found would be helpful.

Thanks!

#18 ·
Greetings,

I am currently restoring an MF 10 and am looking for part vendors/sources to buy stock/equivalent replacement piston rings. The stock motor was a Tecumseh 10hp, model: HH100-11097C, serial number: 9337. I believe the cylinder bore is 3.3125". Any information on where these could be found would be helpful.

Thanks!
Get a hold of Brian at Bolens parts and supplies. He stocks a lot of the older Tecumseh parts.

He has a store link under the Sponsers' section

#19 ·
Hello to everyone. I'm excited to run across this forum. I enjoy anything about old Garden Tractors and there history. I have a Massey Ferguson 1655 that I traded out some work for. I am trying to find the Plastic Dash. Mine is cracked and pieces are missing. I am also looking for the rear fenders for this tractor. Any info. would be helpful. If I cant find the dash I plan on making a fiberglass dash.

#20 ·
Hello to everyone. I'm excited to run across this forum. I enjoy anything about old Garden Tractors and there history. I have a Massey Ferguson 1655 that I traded out some work for. I am trying to find the Plastic Dash. Mine is cracked and pieces are missing. I am also looking for the rear fenders for this tractor. Any info. would be helpful. If I cant find the dash I plan on making a fiberglass dash.
My dash is not in great shape and I haven't been able to find a decent one to buy so I plan on using fiberglass to fix it up. Same deal with the center console. Once they are done I will need decals for each. Anyone come across someone that makes reproductions of these decals? I don't have any on my tractor now so can't even get one made up. If someone has a good quality picture of them perhaps I could get some made up.

#21 ·
My dash is not in great shape and I haven't been able to find a decent one to buy so I plan on using fiberglass to fix it up. Same deal with the center console. Once they are done I will need decals for each. Anyone come across someone that makes reproductions of these decals? I don't have any on my tractor now so can't even get one made up. If someone has a good quality picture of them perhaps I could get some made up.
Here is the dash http://www.clickitandstickit.com/massey-ferguson-1655-dash-decal/

I just had the console decal made up for my 1650, they are the same as far as I know 1450-1855. I had a couple extra's made, they are on "high-tack" vinyl made to adhere to plastic. I can send you one for $30cnd shipped.

The rest of the decals for the tractor though it is probably best to have those made. The Maple Hunter Decals for the 1200-1855 tractors are way off, wrong shape, wrong font. I was very disappointed. If you end up having them all made up locally I can send you a good scan of the console decal.

#22 ·
I have a few dash decals for sale if your interested.

#23 · (Edited by Moderator)
Limebuzz......That's funny because I seen your old post & figured- he won't have any left now lol, PM me a price for one to little ol' PEI ( I seen the old post of 7 or whatever it was but not sure now)

Jason

Reactions: limebuzz
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.