Garden Tractor Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is there any differences between the massey 1855 and the snapper 1855. i ask because i just bought a snapper 1855, and a miracle happened! my wife noticed it didn't say MASSEY. she asked "what are you going to do with that, it doesn't match the rest". i kmow the mowerdeck is different, its a model 80499. is there any differences in the tractor?

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
Wasn't there a difference of the hydraulic pumps between the two? I thought most Snappers used the Eaton while the Masseys all got the Sunstrand.

·
Tractorholic
507 Posts
All Snappers have the hydro filter under the left hand fender too as where Masseys are between the pump and frame.
That's because the Eaton uses a remote filter base . The Sundstrands have a filter base as part of the hydro pump section casting.

Early models of the MF1450/1650 had Sundstrands, as well as all 1655/1855 models. Later model 1450/1650's and all Snappers came with Eatons.

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
In actuality the MF on the bolt heads stands for Midwest Fasteners.Other makes of garden tractors used them also.It is neat that Snapper used them also.
I was going to question that too since it was Snapper making the Masseys.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong,, but the differences in the decks are only the
Discharge orientation.. either side or rear discharge.
The rear discharge was used in combination with the collection vacuum.

Bryen

1 - 12 of 12 Posts