Garden Tractor Forums banner

May be a Bolens deal brewing

2K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  mjodrey 
#1 ·
I was looking at Craigslist, last week, and found a Bolens listed that was close by. The listing was already 3-4 days old, so I didn't know if it was still for sale. The guy didn't list his phone number, so I sent an email asking him to call me. I didn't hear anything back, and then it disappeared off the list, so I figured "Oh well, I missed a deal".
Then I get a call from the guy, yesterday morning, telling me he had been out of town for a few days. He said the ad had expired, but the tractor was still for sale! So I'm going to look at it tomorrow night.

Hope I can get a good deal!!!

#3 ·
Bill,I hope it turns out better for you than my Bolens deal did last week.

#5 ·
Thanks, guys. I hope it turns out to be a good deal.

It's just one of the "little guys", olcowhand... a 1050 with a mower deck. I'm going have to drool, for a few more years, before I can get a bigger one! Owner says it doesn't run but, "is in good condition"??? So well see. There's a second tractor available, but not listed in the ad. The owner said he's doesn't know the model. Only description he gave, was, "it's a smaller tractor" and that the hood was not flat like that of the 1050. The throttle controls are on the steering tower, so maybe a 1000 model??? There may be a snow plow in the deal too.
So I'm not sure how many, or what, I will come home with.

#7 ·
Well, I went and looked at the tractors tonight and will be bringing them home sometime this week. I got a 1050 and a 1000, both with mower decks, for $300.00. Also got a front blade thrown into the deal too. The tractors are not running, but appeared to be very complete with good sheet metal and decent tires. The mower housings have some pretty bad rust in places, so they might be a bit of work. I'll post some pictures later.

#8 ·
Sounds like a good deal to me.

#11 ·
Sounds like a good deal especially if you can get one of the running and a plow is always nice too.

#12 ·
Well, I started a new job last Tuesday. Took the trailer along to work with me Wednesday morning, and picked the tractors up after I got off. It was an hour drive, each way, so by the time I got there, loaded everything up and got back home, it was almost dark. I had lots of help, to load the tractors, but was by myself here at home. The wheel pin was stuck on the 1000, so I had to use the loader on my Oliver to lift it off the trailer. It was getting pretty late, by then, so I just covered everything with a tarp, took a shower and went to bed. There's been no time to look at them since. From the surface, the tractors look pretty good, but you all know how that can go! I know one of the mower decks is in pretty bad shape, but I'm hoping that, between the two that I got, I can make a good running mower. If I can get the "new" 1050 running, without too much work, I want to transfer the FEL to it, from my other 1050. The 1050, that the loader is on now, is pretty worn and it would be a lot easier to work on it without the loader frame in the way. Hopefully I'll be able to work on them, and get a good operating tractor before the snow starts to fly again!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.