Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
texas deere and horse said:
Have you ever seen this one?

View attachment 10583
Nope never seen that one but I seen cubs with tracks but no bolens yet.

Any idea on sprocket size and chain size used on the tracks? I am thinking somthing like the struck set up.

·
RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres
15,608 Posts
I don't know, will have to do a little research on that

·
Accumulator
13,481 Posts
With a little bit of thinking ,it would work.I've seen a few different brands of GT's made into crawlers but never a Bolens.Go for it Jerome.

·
Tractorholic
1,892 Posts
I have thought of using #67 spreader chain. The crossbar links would be extremely adaptable. And how about this for an idea- a scale IH quad track of anybody's equipment choice?

·
1,499 Posts
Almost anything is possible if you set your mind to it. I'd say go for it! Just starting with an idea and then actually building it is good exercise for the mind and a heck of a lot of fun.
I built a crawler and used belting material used in round balers and bolted grousers and tire guides to the belt. Good luck on your project and if you need some brainstorming ideas post away and we will see how we can help.

145.jpg

Attachments

·
Proud to be Deplorable
29,904 Posts
My uncle has a set of Half Tracks for his Ferguson 40. There is never any traction loss. Last major ice storm, he spent the morning getting his neighbors out of the ditch & in one case, out to the main road. They look kinda like these.
Half Tracks.jpg

Always thought it'd be cool to build a mini set. I'll probably never get around to it tho.

Attachments

·
Deceased
1,441 Posts
MH81 said:
My uncle has a set of Half Tracks for his Ferguson 40. There is never any traction loss. Last major ice storm, he spent the morning getting his neighbors out of the ditch & in one case, out to the main road. They look kinda like these.
View attachment 10596

Always thought it'd be cool to build a mini set. I'll probably never get around to it tho.
they used this set up on the ford 8n's. is that original on the to40?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts