Garden Tractor Forums banner

Messy Fergy 4220 Snowblower Update

3K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  brokenbudget 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
okeeday! so i can't find my original thread about the missing parts for my snow blower on the 1450. no biggie! i was missing one of the rock shafts from under the tractor that takes the movement from the shaft for the mower deck and 'reverses' it for the blower. plus a couple of small linkages to connect them and said blower.
so what i did was basicly take some enginering out of the parts and made them into one simple part. the only issue is the 'up' on the control valve is actually 'down'
and vice versa. you do get down pressure if needed however. and it's easy to get he hang of. it will lift the blower easily all the way up to the stops and has more than enough drop if i get the tractor on some uneven ground where the blower needs to dip in and out of hills and valleys'. the chute adjuster is made out of a length of all thread i had laying around and a piece of lawn mower handle. (yep, i'm a cheapa$$). just stuff i had around. it is all pretty stout and won't give any problems for years if any.
ramble ramble ramble! pics already!

where's the snow?

the lift bar fit in between the shafts arms and use a cut down bolt for a pin. i ground a flat area in the 'pin' for a lock bolt to hold it in place.

all in all it works very well and does throw the snow pretty darn good. and the 'down pressure' did come in handy for a couple areas.
now i need to wait until next winter to use it again

See less See more
#2 ·
oh yeah! the 'lift arm' is from the old blower that came with my wheelhorse 312-8
i have a few so i could afford to cut this one up.
also on another note. i did get the 3 point hitch all done and complete. now just need a pto....

used a few basic parts from princess auto and tsc store, plus made a small spacer out of flat stock for the pivot.

#5 · (Edited by Moderator)
That's a neat way to attach that top link. Thanks for the Idea! I may need something like that. Hitch looks good.

Reactions: brokenbudget
#10 ·
oh i thought aboot it
but it isn't really a bug deal to me

if somebody was to buy the tractor from me i would tell them about the missing parts and whats needed to make it proper if the current setup wasn't to their liking. however, this messy is staying with me for a while.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.