Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys I have a 1968 MF12 Hydro project going on http://gardentractortalk.com/forums/topic/24461-mf-12-rebirthed/ & I have a question about the name plates. On the right side I have a metal glue on type sticker that is in bad shape. On the left side I have two factory holes that look like for a name plate. I have seen some MF with one or the other but not both. I posted something similar over in the Restoration Tips & Tricks but I think I put it in the wrong place for the attention I need. I did get one response telling me I should have the metal plate & if so why do I have the sticker too? Can anyone tell me what I'm suppose to have?

Right Side Metal Sticker

Font Gas Road surface Motor vehicle Nameplate

Left Side Holes

Wood Gas Metal Bumper Concrete

Attachments

Reactions: larryd

·
129 Posts
It looks to me as if the sticker was once on the left side - just below the holes. The paint seems to show the outline of a sticker. Perhaps your Mf12 was made just when they were changing over from stickers to plates?

·
Registered
3,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would like to go with the metal plate on the left side. I did see somewhere a guy reproduced his old plate & stamped his original numbers in. I found a place that does this type of work but their in the UK ! I'm a long ways from needing a plate but this has had me confused. Thanks for your thoughts.

Jim

Reactions: larryd and MH81
1 - 6 of 6 Posts