Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Tractorholic
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If the weather cooperates in the morning I am going to get a chance to photograph my MF10 up be side a fully restored 1965 MF1100. I have seen pictures of the tractor but have not seen it up close. I am very much looking forward to this.

·
Live long and prosper
6,791 Posts
Yes, I am interested to see the photographs too. Good luck with the weather.

·
Super Moderator
14,167 Posts
What's an 1100? Sounds like I should tune in to see the pics as well.

·
4,482 Posts
An 1100 is a 95 HP farm tractor that look like the MF 10-12 series GTs.

·
4,482 Posts
To get an idea Take a look at Mike Bremmal avatar.

·
Super Moderator
14,167 Posts
Very nice Daniel. I really like the styling of the HP number series Massey GT's because they echo the styling of the big tractors of that time with the distinctive grill. The biggest Massey of roughly that era that I've seen is a 165. It was a pretty strong looking beast. In doing some reading on MF recently I discovered that at one time MF was run by no other than the now infamous Conrad Black. The company was a true Canadian success story.

·
Tractorholic
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well I went over first thing this morning with rain in the forecast, he got his 1100 out and I started shooting I got the last shot just as it was starting to rain. This is a 1965 MF1100 with my 1968 MF10. Hope you like them.

Attachments

·
Elf guardian
7,712 Posts
Nice. Great pictures. Could you please send a huge copy of 1st picture.
(I'll pm my email)

Would have been cool, if you could have got some lightening in the background.

·
Tractorholic
3,097 Posts
Great Pics! I'd like to put my MF 8 up with a 135. I think those two look similar. Anyone ever put 20x8x8 lug tires on an MF8?

·
Live long and prosper
6,791 Posts
Wow Dan, those photographs are great. Looks like a chip off the old block.

·
Super Moderator
54,451 Posts
Great pics, guys. It's cool how similar the look!

·
Tractorholic
160 Posts
those MF GT's are cooling looking little tractors. i have seen pictures of them but have never seen one in real life.how popular were they and how common are they still today. what is parts avaliability like? i think they use techumseh engines just like the sears suburbans, dont they?

·
Tractorholic
3,097 Posts
those MF GT's are cooling looking little tractors. i have seen pictures of them but have never seen one in real life.how popular were they and how common are they still today. what is parts avaliability like? i think they use techumseh engines just like the sears suburbans, dont they?
Quite a few were made, at least when considered "in mass". How the MF numbers stack up to other brands of GT's, I don't know. Around North Carolina, it looks like one or two of the old style show up every couple of months. The Tecumseh engine is no longer well supported, though I think if a determined effort was made you could find much of what you need. They seem to be more common farther north. Just depends on where there was a dealer actively selling them so many years ago.

·
Tractorholic
4,070 Posts
Thanks for the pictures Dan! What awesome machines those are! Is that you sitting on the 1100 smiling from ear to ear?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts